VCIM Swap for Bluetooth Capability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOHAWKS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would I have to do to get this VCIM working? IS there additional dealer programming or will it program itself once installed?
Thanks

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-module-20829984.html

And is this a fair price for the unit?

Thanks,

2008 yukon XL

I assume this VCIM is new and has never been registered with ON*. If you follow through and buy this VCIM please report back how ON* viewed this the first time it fired up.
Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference in the two? Mines an 08 and looks like the one in your picture I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my new buttons. Same plug, same functions. Only difference is the picture of the phone.

Part # without phone 15824119
Part # with phone 2581951

photo2_zps3d194fc6.jpg

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would I have to do to get this VCIM working? IS there additional dealer programming or will it program itself once installed?

Thanks

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-module-20829984.html

And is this a fair price for the unit?

Thanks,

2008 yukon XL

You won't be able to purchase a VCIM thru a dealership or GMpartsgiant. It is a restricted item and a dealership will not sell the part unless you return your VCIM and then they will only sell you the identical VCIM.

Sent from racephone

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Just got my new buttons. Same plug, same functions. Only difference is the picture of the phone.

Part # without phone 15824119

Part # with phone 2581951

photo2_zps3d194fc6.jpg

Saweet!

It takes about 15 minutes to put it in to!

Sent from racephone

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
I found a 2011 yukon vcim this evening and ordered it along with the el-xxxx adapter. I have no ideal how it will turn out but will keep everyone posted. I'm a techie and not having remote link is driving me crazy. May not like it worth a da?n when I get it but have to try. And can't afford a new vehicle right now. I did find out that anything after 09 or 10 has to have the GM MDI unit to program, the tech 2 can not do it.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the isimple device so we can have bluetooth and stream to vehicle

Last edited:

jtjacoby1505

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found another part number that works. I installed 20783877 that I got from someone on here. Didn't lose onstar functionality either. Hope this helps people in the future. Picture of the unit is below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 30

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found another part number that works. I installed 20783877 that I got from someone on here. Didn't lose onstar functionality either. Hope this helps people in the future. Picture of the unit is below.

What year/make/model do they think you have?

jtjacoby1505

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven't got that far yet. I didn't want to say the wrong thing so I told them it was a mistake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty