Well crap...nicked aluminum heater line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I know what I'm going to try. I've ordered one of these types of connections and I'll just use rubber tubing to connect my original line to that smaller clip-in. Basically I'm still connecting the line with rubber tubing like I planned to do but I won't have to cut my line at all and I'll connect right at the junction.

image.png

51VFPcngS+L._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would cut the end off at the wrecker and compression it on. The trick would be finding the fitting that fits.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would cut the end off at the wrecker and compression it on. The trick would be finding the fitting that fits.

I ran to the local junkyard and cut off about 12" piece but how would you compress it on? Thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take that piece to a hardware store or auto store and find some high temp hose that fits snuggly over the tubing and a couple of hose clamps.

Great minds think alike. I did that exact thing. I bought high temp rubber tubing that is snug around it with a few small hose clamps. I think it's going to work great. I'll put pictures up when I'm done.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I think that might seal

IIRC the o-ring doesn't seal down that low

File the end flat then taper it so it doesn't pinch the o-ring on insertion

I thought about it but I thought that the bevel needed to push up into the seal. I might try it and if it leaks go my patch route. Thanks for the input!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I think that might seal

IIRC the o-ring doesn't seal down that low

File the end flat then taper it so it doesn't pinch the o-ring on insertion

I thought about it but I thought that the bevel needed to push up into the seal. I might try it and if it leaks go my patch route. Thanks for the input!

If you haven't cut anything (more) yet, i'd give it a shot. What is there to lose?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLady