What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckwild27

Reaction score
Drove it 1500 miles over the weekend and managed to average 16.5mpg despite the wind. Surprisingly, it got great mileage in the mountains (18+) but once we hit the prairie and we were opened up to the wind it demolished the MPG on the way there AND back. Great vehicle so far aside from the abysmally lackadaisical transmission but @BlackBearPerf emailed my new tune on Friday so that should hopefully be resolved now.

If only they had got to me a day earlier I could have vacationed with the new tune but for some reason the GF thought it was "irresponsible" to flash the ECU in the middle of an out-of-state road trip in the middle of nowhere...
She's gotta sleep some time.

IceIceSilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed the fluid in both diffs and the transfer case. Each magnet had a little fuzz on it, not bad for around 30,000 miles since last change(s).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
discovered that you can't flash a HMI with techline (sps2) that has built in nav to a vehicle that does not have nav, it just writes the HMI as no nav :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
in my case I have on star nav only and ya so it didn't work.....
I guess the best you will get is to unlock the vin (not with sps2) with one that came from a same model vehicle or pay these business's hundreds of dollars that write them with custom files

***In my case you need a VCI number from techline to make it work

Last edited:

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled up at Sheetz with regular 88. 15% ethanol and 88 octane. 3.09 a gallon I never see E85 or this regular 88 where I’m from. Bucees even had pumps for unleaded with no ethanol.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after a little web crawling I guess I need a VCI number from techline, which enables the functionality of the HMI as intended

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to wait until it was 1pm and 101 degrees before I ventured outside to put my new Corsa exhaust on. I decided to be efficient and just sliced the stock exhaust in a couple of places to slide it out and it was the easiest exhaust I've ever removed or installed. The factory spherical clamp bolt snapped on me during disassembly so that added $44 bucks to the cost of the exhaust but luckily AutoZone had it in stock. I recommend removing the heat shield for the spare tire but I definitely wouldn't have gained anything from removing the tire like their instructions state.
20240702_152300.jpg

After the chugging 4 bottles of water I decided to slap on the Hotchkis sway bar set. I left them both on the lighter setting and so far it drives how I imagined. I still really miss my old lowered Tahoe but it is that much closer now.
20240702_184725.jpg

I am happy enough with the Hotchkis sway bars but I think they updated their hardware for cost savings without checking if it would actually work. The hex head bolts provided couldn't physically fit and be turned and the bushing brackets were not deburred well and all 4 required some file work to accept the bolts you can't even use. The instructions provided showed socket cap bolts which would not suffer from that problem and I was able to reuse my old sway bar bolts. As for the exhaust, Corsa 14826, I am pleased but it feels very quiet to me. My old Tahoe was lowered with TSP long tubes and Y pipe and it was aggressive as hell but wonderful and I guess I'm missing that. Perhaps more exhaust components will find their way onto the Denali this summer.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it up to Banff, Canada. Checked out Lake Louis. Amazing stuff.

Hit and killed a bird on the way back to Idaho. It’s inside my grille and I’ll have to wait until I get home to Arizona to disassemble some parts to remove the dead bird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoopDAWg70