What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the free travel mod. Rides much better off the bumpstops. Took out front bumpstops. and cut exhaust tip off. No exhaust showing. Much better all around day. Now going to install my trailing arm relocators.

Bout time you cut the bumpers off! Good to hear it's riding better too.
Did you notice any change in interior noise after trimming the tailpipe back?

All I could do today was a quick wash and watch the rinse water freeze almost instantly thanks to there being a high of 12 and a low of -6........getting pretty tired of this winter

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bout time you cut the bumpers off! Good to hear it's riding better too.
Did you notice any change in interior noise after trimming the tailpipe back?

All I could do today was a quick wash and watch the rinse water freeze almost instantly thanks to there being a high of 12 and a low of -6........getting pretty tired of this winter

lol. yeah i finally did. got a friend to do it today. Trying to put the rear kit on, but didnt go so well. Had to take off shock relocators. Another story..

but got him to cut tail pipe off also at the same time. Not sure if you remember my thread, but i ended up cutting it right at that hanger sort of at a angle. Shooting toward the ground and yet still out. I'll snap a pic when i get the chance and post it in that thread. For noise, only drove a little while back to my house, about 20min. But for that short ride, Nope no different. Sounds a little deeper inside, but think it might be my mind telling me its different. lol

For winter, its not like that here, just ready for a constant temp. Not this 30 at nite, 60 day, then 40 high the next day. i just want it normal houston temp, hot.. lol

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the stock wheels back one.

Changing up the other wheels a little.

Also ordered some interior pieces. Getting rid of the woodgrain!!!!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Running Boards (Thanks Bramps!). Cleaned 'em up, Flaked 'em and Cleared 'em.

Before:

RunningBoards13.gif

RunningBoards12.gif

RunningBoards1.gif

After:

RunningBoards4.gif

RunningBoards5.gif

RunningBoards6.gif

RunningBoards7.gif

RunningBoards8.jpg

RunningBoards9.gif

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chip--- looks interesting.. Like a candy color. Cant really see, only that one pic. Need to see pics of it on... But props for diff. Im thinking denali ones.

i finally got my trailing arm relocators installed. Not so easy...

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chip--- looks interesting.. Like a candy color. Cant really see, only that one pic. Need to see pics of it on... But props for diff. Im thinking denali ones.

i finally got my trailing arm relocators installed. Not so easy...

I am also on the fence! It's either going to look amazing, or terrible. I'm not sure yet. I have to get them up on the truck to see how well they play with the stock paint. I didn't actually color them. I cleaned them really well, sprayed some candy red micro flake (in clear), then cleared the shit out of 'em......So they're still black, but the red micro flakes give them a maroon tint. When the light hits them just right, the flakes go nuts. It's really sexy so far. If it bombs on the truck, I have some jet black micro flake as well. I'll just re-do them the same way, but use the jet black. I'm really only trying to make them look clean and new, but I said **** it, let's play around a little. See what happens.

I'll post up when I get them on. Prolly tomorrow. Severe Thunderstorms and Tornados right now, so I'm Slow Motion for the rest of the night, but what do you mean when you say "Denali ones"? For your Tahoe? That would look dope!........and what are these "Relocators" you speak of? Are they necessary because you lowered it, or do they serve a higher purpose?

Oh yeah, I also dropped my gas tank today to fix a few small holes.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Went out and looked at them in front of the truck and realized there's no way it's gonna work. The boards can't have nicer paint than the rest of the truck, so I layed some Black flake over the red. That didn't do it, so I sprayed a light coat of Black over that, then cleared again. Now they're right where I wanted them in the first place. They look like a nice, new, clean candy black, but when you look closely, you can see the flakes. Very understated, just like I wanted. Too bad I couldn't use the first one! It was REALLY sexy! Post pics of them on asap.

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am also on the fence!
I'll post up when I get them on. Prolly tomorrow. Severe Thunderstorms and Tornados right now, so I'm Slow Motion for the rest of the night, but what do you mean when you say "Denali ones"? For your Tahoe? That would look dope!........and what are these "Relocators" you speak of? Are they necessary because you lowered it, or do they serve a higher purpose?

Sounds like they are going to look good. Then i see your changed them to black again. Still sounds good. Cant wait to see pics. i think it should look alright. I would like to do something w/ mine, but just undecided on what to do..
Denali ones, are diff. than a tahoe or gmc ones. Mine and yours are the same. Denali are painted already w/ the step flat black if i remember right. But the only bad side is, for them to look right, you would have to get the moulding that goes on the fenders and quarters. Otherwise will look funny. Maybe a little to much trouble. maybe some escalade ones. Dont know. WIll have to look and see within time. Thats the last on my list. lol

The relocators are b/c im lowered. You are correct. Brings the lower trailing arm back into the correct position and centers the rearend again, from being lowered. Brings it back forward. Otherwise nope, does nothing on stock. That i would think of.

looking forward to your pics. Whenever no rush man, not worth braving the weather so we can have eye candy. lol

BTW... i like your new avatar. Looks cartoonish to me.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
did you paint the face where you step on? Looks like it may be slippery when wet.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are going to look good. Then i see your changed them to black again.------They look better now. You still have the same effect, it's just not so overboard now. I'll get them on today and post up. Still sounds good. Cant wait to see pics. i think it should look alright. I would like to do something w/ mine, but just undecided on what to do..
Denali ones, are diff. than a tahoe or gmc ones. Mine and yours are the same. Denali are painted already w/ the step flat black if i remember right. But the only bad side is, for them to look right, you would have to get the moulding that goes on the fenders and quarters. -------That sucks, cost wise, but I think it might look really good on your truck! Otherwise will look funny. Maybe a little to much trouble. maybe some escalade ones. Dont know. WIll have to look and see within time. Thats the last on my list. lol

looking forward to your pics. Whenever no rush man, not worth braving the weather so we can have eye candy. lol

BTW... i like your new avatar. Looks cartoonish to me.

That's too funny! It was actually your Avitar that made me change mine!....and the funniest thing, is that I was thinking the exact same thing about yours when I was looking at it last night.

did you paint the face where you step on? Looks like it may be slippery when wet.

Yes I did. I thought about that, and if it seems like it's going to be an issue, I can just cut some strips of grip tape and line the steps with it. Should be fine either way. Good point though! Thanks.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's too funny! It was actually your Avitar that made me change mine!....and the funniest thing, is that I was thinking the exact same thing about yours when I was looking at it last night.

that is funny. lmao...Yeah mine has the rims photoshoped.Wish i could find some big SS rims.

man thats funny though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yukoniskillingme