What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You drive a Hybrid to "save the planet" but you smoke cigs to kill you 20 years early :think:

:lol:

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great Ghoster!!! You can barely tell it's there at first look! I like it....Did it start out tinted or what? That almost matches perfectly. Does it match that perfect in the sun, too?

It was a clear one I got from AVS. My local paint guy painted it from the inside, so paint chipping shouldn't be a problem. Its rainy and overcast today so I don't know how well it matches in sunlight, but so far it look almost dead on. The paint guy explained that technically we are looking at the back side of the paint. He says the metallic may not be perfect from this side, but it looks good to me!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: Yeah, the reason I asked is I had a similar thing done on a previous truck I had and it matched pretty good but in certain light you could tell that it was off ever so slightly. That could also be caused by age, too, as I'm sure the painted on the vehicle will wear differently than the paint on the back of the deflector.

Either way, looks good! :)

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: Yeah, the reason I asked is I had a similar thing done on a previous truck I had and it matched pretty good but in certain light you could tell that it was off ever so slightly. That could also be caused by age, too, as I'm sure the painted on the vehicle will wear differently than the paint on the back of the deflector.

Either way, looks good! :)

I thought about fading. Once the paint has a few more days to cure, I will apply a heavy coat of wax to both the front and back of it. I think some waxes actually have uv protection. I probably need to see if I can find one. Either way, I can always replace it after a few years if it fades on me.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow finished last night and is now melting under the bright sun today. Trust me i cant afford to break mine either. I made sure i had alot of clearance and nobody around when i was playing. Came close to one curb though but still came out a good drift.

+1 yesterday snow/ice filled roads = heaven lol my neiborhood is like a digital eight ..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You guys are killing me! I can see it now! I remember when I used to take my '66 Pontiac out in that stuff and let the 400ci. loose on that posi rear. I had 3" Flowmaster 40's comin' out the sides, so when I'd come sliding around a corner, you could see the flames shooting out from under the doors on the ice. It was so much fun!!!

Got it ...
Sat Down ...
Seat warmers to max ...
Lit a cigarette ...
Put on dulcet tones ...
Close my eyes ...
Imagined I was in Thailand ...
All all was right ...

:smoke2:

Damn that Sig Pic is on point!

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just installed my esky antenna panel. whoo hoo no more ugly hole in the cowl

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301014540.945337.jpg

Went to drive the Tahoe to the store but decided to take a kayak instead! Lol

It's been raining like crazy all day and now my street is flooded

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone remind DaRosa that he drives a kick ass truck not a miata and that it can handle puddles?

Cheers! :waytogo:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mako671