What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, in the fairness mr goodwrench over here couldn't have done it without burb's help. :Handshake:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks clean, that little piece makes it look alot better!!

Thanks haha I think it was worth it :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I am curious, what makes that an "esky" bumper as opposed to an LTZ bumper?

Well I have an LTZ, but the 07-08 Tahoe LTZ bumper is different then the 09+ LTZ Bumper which in turn is the same bumper as the "esky" or denali bumper... BUT the Tahoe LS and LT -STILL- use the old bumper I had on their 2009,2010,2011 year models-- only the LTZ is given this new one with the larger/cleaner hitch cover. Also the esky bumper has a chrome strip that runs along the bumper that is clipped into the rear bumper cover/un-painted black plastic step pad whereas the normal Tahoe bumper just has a one piece un-painted black step pad.

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have an LTZ, but the 07-08 Tahoe LTZ bumper is different then the 09+ LTZ Bumper which in turn is the same bumper as the "esky" or denali bumper... BUT the Tahoe LS and LT -STILL- use the old bumper I had on their 2009,2010,2011 year models-- only the LTZ is given this new one with the larger/cleaner hitch cover. Also the esky bumper has a chrome strip that runs along the bumper that is clipped into the rear bumper cover/un-painted black plastic step pad whereas the normal Tahoe bumper just has a one piece un-painted black step pad.

So the esky bumper is the same as my 2011 ltz bumper? Looks the same anyway.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the esky bumper is the same as my 2011 ltz bumper? Looks the same anyway.

Correct but only because you have an 09+ LTZ. LUCKY!! I fell shorthanded and just spit out 500 to get this by hunting for individual pieces online and my body/paint guy cut me a hell of a deal. At the dealership, to upgrade your bumper to the one you got with your vehicle will cost over $1000+. The older bumper also does not come with a hitch cover, and the hitch cover opening is smaller so the little box that covers up the key hole in your rear bumper cover is on the SIDE of the opening hitch cover whole, whereas on the one I just got/the one that came on your car, the hitch cover is covering the actual hitch receiver and the key whole/square box on the side of it, which makes it a LOT cleaner/sleeker looking. The curved edges that surround the hitch cover also bothered me and on the new one it is smooth... i'm OCD, can you tell?

COMPARE:
newbumper7.gif

OLD:
old.gif

NEW:
bumper3.gif
new.gif

Last edited:

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct but only because you have an 09+ LTZ. LUCKY!! I fell shorthanded and just spit out 500 to get this by hunting for individual pieces online and my body/paint guy cut me a hell of a deal. At the dealership, to upgrade your bumper to the one you got with your vehicle will cost over $1000+. The older bumper also does not come with a hitch cover, and the hitch cover opening is smaller so the little box that covers up the key hole in your rear bumper cover is on the SIDE of the opening hitch cover whole, whereas on the one I just got/the one that came on your car, the hitch cover is covering the actual hitch receiver and the key whole/square box on the side of it, which makes it a LOT cleaner/sleeker looking. The curved edges that surround the hitch cover also bothered me and on the new one it is smooth... i'm OCD, can you tell?

COMPARE:
newbumper7.gif

OLD:
old.gif

NEW:
bumper3.gif
new.gif

ok now I get it. I was afraid I was missing out on something!! I hadn't really noticed the differences in the various years and models. Now that I have looked, I can see why you upgraded!

Actually my wife now tells me she likes the Denali running boards because of the chrome strip on those. I don't even want to attempt that swap.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ghoster....you could just swap over esky boards and it'd be a direct swap and you'd get that chrome strip the wife wants :shrug:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't disagree with that man!!!! :D

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok now I get it. I was afraid I was missing out on something!! I hadn't really noticed the differences in the various years and models. Now that I have looked, I can see why you upgraded!

Actually my wife now tells me she likes the Denali running boards because of the chrome strip on those. I don't even want to attempt that swap.

Haha yea the more you look the more you can tell the difference. That running board swap is a direct bolt on swap. Easier then the rear bumper cover :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts