What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
painted the gray rear bumper plastics black & took off the tow hitch..

picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Did you just tape off?
Painted the front valance last week... wanna do the same as you just did as well as the side plastics..
Looks good tho.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you just tape off?
Painted the front valance last week... wanna do the same as you just did as well as the side plastics..
Looks good tho.

I took the 2 side ones off they were easy but I had to tape off the middle one it wasn't as easy...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do u want to paint your hood? Is the bug deflector bolted on? Edit: sorry hadnt seen the rest of the post lol

:) yeah, there are several rock chips behind that bug deflector from the previous owner so I really bought it as a cheap band aid until I can actually fix it correctly and look better than the rock chips...

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) yeah, there are several rock chips behind that bug deflector from the previous owner so I really bought it as a cheap band aid until I can actually fix it correctly and look better than the rock chips...

ever think about an aftermarket hood?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ever think about an aftermarket hood?

Yes....sweet_n_low just posted up a pic of a new hood he got for his Avalanche and I really like that one but I haven't done much research up to this point. The hood will most likely be one of the last things I do as far as mods and I wanna make sure it goes with the rest of the ride once it's "complete". Looks at sweet_n_lows Avalanche thread over in the Avalanche section. It looks pretty sweet IMO. :)

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07burb,
That hood would look great on your truck.. but a hefty price tag..

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07burb,
That hood would look great on your truck.. but a hefty price tag..

Yeah, the cowl hoods I've seen are around $400 or so. The one he got was a little less than $700 and, of course, with either one you still have to get them painted. That hood would definitely give it a whole new attitude! :) Like I said, it's a ways down the line in my list of mods :) I would say at least a couple years away unless I win the lottery and can pick up the pace considerably on how often I can spring for my mods :D

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hood is dented in a few spots (vandalism) so I need a hood but don't know which one either.. But i'm not in a money situation for that yet, I still need other mods like you first..

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For yours, a nice 2" cowl hood would look pretty nice I think. With it lowered and on the SS rims I think it'd really go with what you got going on :) But like you said it seems to get pushed down the list a bit. For me I definitely wanna get a tune and rim/tires first before I start really thinking about a hood. I hope to have the Burb tuned in the Fall. It needs to be woken up in a bad way!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts