What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok cool. what size you think 1/4" 1/8"? any certain spot?

Last edited:

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something like 1/8th, on the bottom of the housing, about a 1/2" behind the lens. Just look for the lowest point on the housing. That's what I would do anyway.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something like 1/8th, on the bottom of the housing, about a 1/2" behind the lens. Just look for the lowest point on the housing. That's what I would do anyway.

NICE! I was just thinking yesterday (after the first heavy rain we got here on Tuesday), WTF, why are those lights all fogged up?

Guess the hole is the answer for the fix, THANKS VERY MUCH!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE! I was just thinking yesterday (after the first heavy rain we got here on Tuesday), WTF, why are those lights all fogged up?

Guess the hole is the answer for the fix, THANKS VERY MUCH!

Glad to help!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking because the first time i had to seal them they were fogging up. now theyre sealed up to the point that they look like half full fish tanks. think i might put a separate nylon or rubber washer around the bulb. thats the only place i can figure the water is coming from

Do you live in the rain forest? I live in the rainy city and I haven't had problems like that. If anything, heavily seal the top and leave a wheep? hole in the bottom for moisture to drain out. Or get new housings.

Scope75

Reaction score
That sounds sexy.
Hope it turns out sexy too!!
All is going good on the install. Just need to run some more wires and wait on some parts that should've been here already. Man I hate not having everything needed!!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you live in the rain forest? I live in the rainy city and I haven't had problems like that. If anything, heavily seal the top and leave a wheep? hole in the bottom for moisture to drain out. Or get new housings.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Somehow water is able to get in, but not out. The hole fixes that issue.

Hope it turns out sexy too!!
All is going good on the install. Just need to run some more wires and wait on some parts that should've been here already. Man I hate not having everything needed!!

I heard that! You posting pics as you go?