What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been dormant for a while, but I'm here for asking another question. I am happy with my 3" lift currently, but my Tahoe is going to end up being a garage queen for a while with all the upcoming work. I want to debut it with a new look at the beginning of next year. I'm changing wheels, tires, retracting side steps, doing all the rust repair, and going higher on the lift. I am hoping to get some feedback from the guys that have 6" lifted Tahoes and what they like/don't like about their set up. Is there pros/cons to a certain brand of lift? Thanks for all the help so far! Definitely looking to keep everyone updated with pictures along the way.

You might be better off starting a new thread in the lifted suspension subforum (link below).

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forums/lifted-supension-z71-4x4.66/

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After getting the occasional "tighten fuel cap" message a few times over the past several months, replaced the vent valve and the purge solenoid. I tested both old ones afterward and the vent valve sticks closed sometimes, so I'm hoping that's the issue with the evap monitor not completing.

Thinking about this, a vent valve that sticks closed would not have caused a leak and, after a drive cycle completes I still get the P0455 code when the CEL comes on. I did clean the filler neck contact area and tried a different gas cap, as well as tighten up the hose clamps on the filler tube. Doing a purge and seal with the Tech 2 still shows a fairly quick decay of the system vacuum, and I can see that the fuel tank pressure sensor is working fine. So next up is pulling the evap canister and testing it for leaks. I will also inspect the o-rings in the evap connections. Looks like the weather should cooperate this weekend.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about this, a vent valve that sticks closed would not have caused a leak and, after a drive cycle completes I still get the P0455 code when the CEL comes on. I did clean the filler neck contact area and tried a different gas cap, as well as tighten up the hose clamps on the filler tube. Doing a purge and seal with the Tech 2 still shows a fairly quick decay of the system vacuum, and I can see that the fuel tank pressure sensor is working fine. So next up is pulling the evap canister and testing it for leaks. I will also inspect the o-rings in the evap connections. Looks like the weather should cooperate this weekend.
I was going to also suggest the full pump sealing ring may have deteriorated. But it appears (i think??) your in Colorado, so I doubt it would be a metal corrosion, unless the gasket ring has just deteriorated.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can the purge solenoid potentially stick in the open position?
Is the gas pump clicking off multiple times before the tank is full when you're filling up? I expect the answer to be no, but please confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson

Latest posts