What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
slapped the drag radials on the SS today, did a few hits with the 2 step. spun em up way to easy. ive never spun these tires before lol

so the 2 step i have is a launch control, so i can use it to retard timing and then set it to come right back, or delay the ramp in rate. this was the least spin i was able to get, 7 degrees timing pulled, ramp in delay was over a few hundredths of a second. with a burn out and on a prepped track i think it should hook up.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That looks nice. After finally installing the full energy suspension Front/Rear sway bar bushings and new F/R sway bar links, I'd be shocked to find any real improvement with those +$400 bars. I spent maybe $100 and that's cause I bought new Moog rear sway bar links. I'm very pleased at the ride quality and overall stability of the steering. This might motivate me to install my 4 piston calipers.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks nice. After finally installing the full energy suspension Front/Rear sway bar bushings and new F/R sway bar links, I'd be shocked to find any real improvement with those +$400 bars. I spent maybe $100 and that's cause I bought new Moog rear sway bar links. I'm very pleased at the ride quality and overall stability of the steering. This might motivate me to install my 4 piston calipers.
Oh... you don’t know..!

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh... you don’t know..!

So it's that good of am improvement?? I'm sure it would be going from stock bars and stock bushings, which is probably the weakest link. The polyurethane bushings on the stock bars have made a huge difference and improvement on overall stability and body roll when changing lanes. I noticed taking the ramps on the freeways also very planted and predictable

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's that good of am improvement?? I'm sure it would be going from stock bars and stock bushings, which is probably the weakest link. The polyurethane bushings on the stock bars have made a huge difference and improvement on overall stability and body roll when changing lanes. I noticed taking the ramps on the freeways also very planted and predictable
Yes, it is that good. I can’t compare to yours, since I didn’t do the same thing, but replacing the front and rear sway bars with the Hellwig kits made an absolutely dramatic difference. I’m absolutely floored at how well my 5800 lb Yukon corners, and handles overall. It’s like a different vehicle.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t know because you haven’t upgraded your sway bars. Do that, then get back to us. I guarantee you’ll be surprised.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been dormant for a while, but I'm here for asking another question. I am happy with my 3" lift currently, but my Tahoe is going to end up being a garage queen for a while with all the upcoming work. I want to debut it with a new look at the beginning of next year. I'm changing wheels, tires, retracting side steps, doing all the rust repair, and going higher on the lift. I am hoping to get some feedback from the guys that have 6" lifted Tahoes and what they like/don't like about their set up. Is there pros/cons to a certain brand of lift? Thanks for all the help so far! Definitely looking to keep everyone updated with pictures along the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson

Latest posts