What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can the purge solenoid potentially stick in the open position?
Is the gas pump clicking off multiple times before the tank is full when you're filling up? I expect the answer to be no, but please confirm.

It could stick open, but both the new and old purge solenoids test correctly on the bench, and respond to the various commands that can be done with the Tech 2.

And no issues filling up. Hoping the canister has a small crack or some such thing. The vacuum decay isn't instantaneous, it takes 7 to10 seconds to get back to neutral pressure.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
And the description references front and rear placement, halogen, etc., so I think the ad is FUBAR.
The bulb size says HB3 9005 lol
But the lights in the pic are real. Talked to the kid who owns that Tahoe with those lights. He said they were discontinued till @Thatsquishykid717 found these last night when we were sexting each other.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could stick open, but both the new and old purge solenoids test correctly on the bench, and respond to the various commands that can be done with the Tech 2.

And no issues filling up. Hoping the canister has a small crack or some such thing. The vacuum decay isn't instantaneous, it takes 7 to10 seconds to get back to neutral pressure.

Ah, makes sense. I had to replace my vapor/charcoal canister a few months back due to not being able to fill up all the way. I've never had an issue with leaks, so hopefully your canister is just cracked and it's easy to chase down.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
changed the passenger door window regulator, bought the dorman one, they brought it to the counter box was opened but it had the right part number stamped on it so I went ahead and took it and later discovered some ****** had flipped the glass clamps around upside down and backwards, made it confusing as hell at first, made it seem like it was the one for the drivers side but it wasn't. maybe they bought the wrong one and tried to make it work? or some chyna man is laughing his ass off, who knows, fixed and working

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove across town yesterday to pick up some shingles for a side job I’m doing. It was 95 outside and the ac was so cold it was too much so I turned it off for a minute and when I turned it back on it only worked for a couple minutes and then started blowing hot air. It was hotter than the outside air. I was thinking maybe the blend door failed. The ac light was on like it was working. Today I tried it again and same thing. All indicators show it’s working but it’s blowing some hot ass air. Looked under the hood and there’s no sign of the ac belt. I guess it jumped ship somewhere on the freeway.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove across town yesterday to pick up some shingles for a side job I’m doing. It was 95 outside and the ac was so cold it was too much so I turned it off for a minute and when I turned it back on it only worked for a couple minutes and then started blowing hot air. It was hotter than the outside air. I was thinking maybe the blend door failed. The ac light was on like it was working. Today I tried it again and same thing. All indicators show it’s working but it’s blowing some hot ass air. Looked under the hood and there’s no sign of the ac belt. I guess it jumped ship somewhere on the freeway.

Check the grooves in the pulleys for a rock or something and enjoy being able to install the belt in seconds with a 3/8" ratchet instead of some newfangled tool to roll the belt on.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a bunch of ac belt issues with the supercharger on my silverado. Switched to a NNBS stretch fit belt which eliminates the ac tension and the problems went away. Need to buy the stretch belt tool tho it's kinda a pain
That’s the first issue in the 3 years or so that I’ve had the blower. I think the belt is about that old. I ordered the Gates HD version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson