What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the first issue in the 3 years or so that I’ve had the blower. I think the belt is about that old. I ordered the Gates HD version.
after you put the new belt on, rev it up real good a few times and listen for any noise with the ac on and off, if something is funky it may work fine idling but not when revved up. I have had them kick the belt off and put it back on and come to find out it's trashed and that's why the belt came off, could have just shredded it just as well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after you put the new belt on, rev it up real good a few times and listen for any noise with the ac on and off, if something is funky it may work fine idling but not when revved up. I have had them kick the belt off and put it back on and come to find out it's trashed and that's why the belt came off, could have just shredded it just as well.
Yay an excuse to rev it. My neighbors love it when I do that. :)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, eventually I’m planning to do heads, cam and intake... but thinking about it today..

If I’m not going to spend the big bucks on a crazy intake, like the Fast I was looking at, and go with the NNBS one, I might as well just do it..!

Oops..

4047a963b6979c217f815e9d3d1ed5db.jpg

So, does my factory throttle body fit on this..? Anything else I will need to convert it..? Also, wondering if there’s a Flex & non flex version of these..? Hope not.! [emoji12]

Found this thread.. so first thing.. I’ll need a new evap purge solenoid. That’s hilarious, since I replaced mine like a month ago..! [emoji1787]

https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/how-to-03-07c-nbs-tbss-nnbs-intake-swap.264691/

Well, that’s a bit more fabrication / modification than I was expecting. Going to be a bit more of a project than anticipated. Oh well, more parts to get...

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So, eventually I’m planning to do heads, cam and intake... but thinking about it today..

If I’m not going to spend the big bucks on a crazy intake, like the Fast I was looking at, and go with the NNBS one, I might as well just do it..!

Oops..

So, does my factory throttle body fit on this..? Anything else I will need to convert it..? Also, wondering if there’s a Flex & non flex version of these..? Hope not.! [emoji12]

Found this thread.. so first thing.. I’ll need a new evap purge solenoid. That’s hilarious, since I replaced mine like a month ago..! [emoji1787]

https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/how-to-03-07c-nbs-tbss-nnbs-intake-swap.264691/

Well, that’s a bit more fabrication / modification than I was expecting. Going to be a bit more of a project than anticipated. Oh well, more parts to get...
Sux there's no more pics on that site. We need lots of pics Sam!

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score

Oops..

There are 4 to 3 bolt tb adapters. I heard your current fuel rail won’t fit over the top, and the rails that fit are setup as a returnless system, which is potentially solved with a C5 fuel filter, and reprogramming for steady fuel pressure. ….in the link it sounds like he’s extensively modifying the fuel rail, which without pics is hard to tell exactly what he’s doing.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

Oops..

I had a tbss intake for the Tahoe at one point. I thought it was pretty plug n play. Once I saw the cost for the fuel lines plus the throttle body alone I bailed and sold the intake. buuut now I’m looking back into it for the Silverado, I want to make this thing faster. Also looking into supercharger or turbo, that’s a couple years out tho.

But I recently seen a video on YouTube with a detailed step by step install. I’ll look for it.

Edit :

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took her to my buddy's exhaust shop to have the exhaust manifold gaskets replaced and he coincidently had a pair of shorties hanging around. So she's getting shorties right now. Now I didn't care for any power gains they were just to cheap o pass up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson