What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
bought these wheels and tires today for $150 for the set :) anyone know what kind of wheels they are? i need to buy centers for them. there 20's if that matters

look at the back it should say

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i am waitin for my hoe. took it to a pro and aLMOST FLIPPED LIKE FRIDAY

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Antenna mod

Did the Antenna Mod as well while I was out working on the rig.

Will see how she performs within a week in regards to radio station reception.

So far so good. :)

Attachments

• ANTENNAMOD.jpg
    ANTENNAMOD.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the Interior Bulbs to LED's and at first I am WOW! UNREAL how much brighter these things are.

I think I read something about this on a thread before, but did not read thoroughly as I did not have LED's at the time, however now I have discovered this problem myself. :(

So, here it goes and I am a bit puzzled but know you guys will help me out and will try to explain.

When I open the doors or when I manually turn the dimmer wheel in the ON position, these lights are as bright as day. AWESOME!
However, the individual reading lamps that one turns on manually with a push of a button in either row (front, second or third), SUCK!!! These LED's seem even worse then the original bulbs. Even the front row reading lamps are terrible in brightness when turned on manually, but bright as day when the doors open or as described above, the dimmer wheel is turned UP to the Manual ON position.

What shall be the cure for this guys, can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance and I do apologize as I know I saw something in regards to this not so long ago.

Check this thread out!! http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34369

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jochen,

Looking at your truck, i know it may seem like alot of chrome, but i wonder how chrome handles would look on your yukon. Just the grab handle chrome, like escalades. Might look alright.

and led problem, well im in there as well. lol

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've got some guys working on this problem as we speak. Hopefully they can find a solution.
http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34369
edit- you beat me to it this time Chris.

Thaks Chauncey, thanks Chris.

I really hope the guys come up with a good fix for this, as the bright LED's are killer and would be awesome to have when manually pushing the lights as well.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Jochen... I have heard of this but never had that problem hmm where'd you get your LEDs from

Got mine from SUPERBRIGHT.

If you followed the thread, it appears others have the exact same problem.

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jochen,

Looking at your truck, i know it may seem like alot of chrome, but i wonder how chrome handles would look on your yukon. Just the grab handle chrome, like escalades. Might look alright.

and led problem, well im in there as well. lol

Thanks Mike. Not sure if I dig those Chrome Handles, I will have to think about that. :think:

In regards to the LED issue, I sure hope you and da' boys will fiigure that out. Because as bright as these things are, there has to be a fix to get them just as bright in the manual on/reading position.

Keep me posted Bud.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

what years is your truck... I it all mine from superb right and mine are no less than perfect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells