What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMurderHoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I did this yesterday but I blacked out the bowtie, and rear emblems, and attempted to smoke my tails, but the got completely f**ked. Ive smoked tails before and had no troubles, but what happened on mine, happened when i did my buddies 2001 S10. Don't know what happened but the end result was ordering new tails in a terrible mood at 2 in the morning.

Bowtie and Emblems:
IMG_0714-Copy.jpg
IMG_0716-Copy.jpg
IMG_0718-Copy.jpg
IMG_0720-Copy.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0730.jpg

And these Ugly Tails. If anyone knows an easy fix so they look decent untill my new ones come in, please let me know.

IMG_0723-Copy.jpg
IMG_0721-Copy.jpg
IMG_0728.jpg
Just took this one now, theyre even worse then yesterday. Idk whats going on but im not happy, idk how its even possible to look that dried out with a clear over it.
IMG_0729.jpg

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did this yesterday but I blacked out the bowtie, and rear emblems, and attempted to smoke my tails, but the got completely f**ked. Ive smoked tails before and had no troubles, but what happened on mine, happened when i did my buddies 2001 S10. Don't know what happened but the end result was ordering new tails in a terrible mood at 2 in the morning.

And these Ugly Tails. If anyone knows an easy fix so they look decent untill my new ones come in, please let me know.

Just took this one now, theyre even worse then yesterday. Idk whats going on but im not happy, idk how its even possible to look that dried out with a clear over it.

If you've smoked housings before, you know to clean them well to get any contaminants off and apply paint in light multiple coats? And apply in correct temperature range.
I'd try to wet sand, clean, and redo them. Might be able to salvage them.

IMurderHoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you've smoked housings before, you know to clean them well to get any contaminants off and apply paint in light multiple coats? And apply in correct temperature range.
I'd try to wet sand, clean, and redo them. Might be able to salvage them.

That's why I don't get what went wrong. I did everything to the T, but maybe my initial sanding and cleaning wasn't enough, it is a 10 year old vehicle after all

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife drove ours home last night with the Engine service light on from work, and then I took it for a rally session in the snow filled neighborhood and such around here last night!! Boy oh boy was there alot of snow dumping down and sticking, lots of fun!! I love the looks from others watching a big boat of a truck to a 180 in the middle of the road to go the other way!! I LOVE SNOW!!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I don't get what went wrong. I did everything to the T, but maybe my initial sanding and cleaning wasn't enough, it is a 10 year old vehicle after all

Yeah, I've heard these old plastics can hold in contaminants because the surface gets rough over time.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

My wife drove ours home last night with the Engine service light on from work, and then I took it for a rally session in the snow filled neighborhood and such around here last night!! Boy oh boy was there alot of snow dumping down and sticking, lots of fun!! I love the looks from others watching a big boat of a truck to a 180 in the middle of the road to go the other way!! I LOVE SNOW!!

So, did that fix the engine service light? Lol.

IMurderHoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after 5 hours of straight sanding, I fixed my tails. Guess there was just a lot of build up on them. I didn't have time to get a clear on them today, so that's why they aren't really glossy. What a difference from before though

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess