What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny I haven't heard back from him. They want upfront payment before they ship but I have no recourse... All I can do is provide negative feedback....whoopty doo ......

But the package(s) are currently in Illinois and shall be delivered Monday by end of day---according to the UPS web site.

But to be on topic with this thread: I did oil/lube my spare tire carrier today. I tried it to see if it worked--it was stuck. Worked on it for about 5 minutes and it came free. Works like a charm now and I even aired my spare....15 lbs wouldn't have gotten me very far ;)

I hope that popcorn lasts til mid week too......

Jason, Jason, Jason, ................ I realize we all get carried away with mods one can actually see, but one should always check the spare tire, pressure as well as condition, HELLO???? ;)

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny I haven't heard back from him. They want upfront payment before they ship but I have no recourse... All I can do is provide negative feedback....whoopty doo ......

But the package(s) are currently in Illinois and shall be delivered Monday by end of day---according to the UPS web site.

But to be on topic with this thread: I did oil/lube my spare tire carrier today. I tried it to see if it worked--it was stuck. Worked on it for about 5 minutes and it came free. Works like a charm now and I even aired my spare....15 lbs wouldn't have gotten me very far ;)

I hope that popcorn lasts til mid week too......

I checked my spare last week and it was at 8 lbs and I am pretty sure its never even been moved from its spot and never been checked before.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my spare last week and it was at 8 lbs and I am pretty sure its never even been moved from its spot and never been checked before.

Trust me, the day will come and you will be happy that you did check your spare, as it will be the first day it will be removed. :)

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i know i dont have a suv anymore but still read this and never crossed my mind to check my spare. I dont think my 2003 sierra had its spare dropped. I was able to drop it and lube it up. The spare is rusty as heck. Spring project to clean it and paint. So all lubed up and air pressure all good. Thanks for the reminder guys.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Left mine at the shop all weekend. She died. Or at least had a heart attack and needs reviving.

Fuel pump is toast. Yippee. That's an expensive fix. Also had an oil leak (oil pan gasket) and leaking differential, plus a couple of smaller things (rear wiper and defrost non-functional...turned out to be a ground short, so that was easy to fix). Anyway. I have no ride for a few days and it's going to cost me roughly $2000 to get it all fixed.

FML

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shit ... sorry to hear about all that Scott.

Is any of this related to your extreme environment?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks, bro.

Not sure if it's weather-related at all or just old. Seriously sub-zero temps aren't good for anything in a car, though, so it sure doesn't help. Gaskets can get brittle. The fuel pump has been dying for a while, started last summer, so I don't think that's related directly to cold. Who knows.

I always have mixed feelings about spending that kind of dough on fixing a vehicle. It sucks, but on the other hand it should do better in the long run. I'm just glad it timed itself with my tax refund or I wouldn't have the money. ;)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I know you had your heart set on using that refund on hookers and meth ... maybe next year. :)

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Well, I know you had your heart set on using that refund on hookers and meth ... maybe next year. :)

Yeah, you need to hook me up.

:Handshake:

Hahaha

Either that or living expenses while at the police academy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068