What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked the turbo kit up from a member off another forum it has a magnum 76mm bb. 42lb injectors forgot what brand came also with electric fans and a Nelson harness. For the most part the kit is complete. Missing fuel pump and tune. Thinking about a walbri 400 trying to find somebody that can do a live tune in the area. Eventually the tranny will drop dead on me. I prob left some stuff out and once I get started with it I'll start a thread

Last edited:

Marv02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UPS showed up with my Oil pan gasket at 4PM.
I installed the oil pan, New oil filter, rehung the front diff, installed the cross member and skid plate put the front tires back on put the Yukon back on the ground in an 1.25 hours by my self I was racing the darkness.

Tomorrow add oil and hope I fixed my oil leak, I am letting the RTV in the corner of the oil pan gasket cure up over night gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Lets back up a little on this past Sunday I took every thing apart and clean everything so I could put the Yukon back to getter easily when the gasket showed up today.

It took about 4 hours on Sunday to get it a part and every thing cleaned up so I would not have deal with it when the gasket showed up.

Oh got to love my air tools and yes I used a torque wrench.
I hope this will fix it I don't want to pull the trans out to replace the rear main oil seal the flex plate was dry so I think I fixed it.

Last edited:

Marv02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a external oil cooler it blocked off I resealed the block off plate just to be on the safe side.

I added oil this morning so far no leaks.

did you check the oil cooler cap/lines? flex plate being dry is a good sign.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool. yeah, same deal whether there are lines coming from it or not. mine is leaking. just haven't had a chance to get to it.

the real test is after you've driven a few times. hope it works for you.

Marv02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I am off work this week so I not driving it much.
But I don't see leaks like I had before you could see dripping off the bell housing.

cool. yeah, same deal whether there are lines coming from it or not. mine is leaking. just haven't had a chance to get to it.

the real test is after you've driven a few times. hope it works for you.

rob3827

Reaction score
I was on my way to work this morning and saw my buddy on the side of the road with another vehicle. They had a fender bender. When I went to check on my buddy, another vehicle struck and broke the driver side mirror on my suburban. I went to pep boys to pick up a cheap manual mirror. Changed it out when I got home. I also ordered new mirrors.....btw, Happy Thanksgiving to all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968