What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife discovered we had not successfully resolved whatever the eff is causing limp mode. So sick of this damn thing.
I see that your sig says it is an 05. How late in the model year was it made? I know the 06 Silverado and Tahoe and the gmc counterparts and 07 classic Silverados, had a different wiring pattern and programming for the TAC module and TB. So if yours was late enough in the model year it is potentially possible that it got the same treatment. Symptoms of the wrong TB are reduced power warning once tps passes 50%, they seem to mask the issue until that point.
Or you have the 05 and earlier programming like it should have, and the TB is for a later model.
P.S. the plugs are the same, but pinned differently.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Thanks! That's really helpful. AFAIK, the pedal hasn't been looked at, though the throttle body, it's harness, and the connector on the Suburban have all been replaced. But the pedal ground and pedal sensor are interesting...
The gas pedal module is between the brake booster and the fender bolted up to the firewall

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced exhaust manifolds and most bolts with ARP or exhaust clamps, timing cover gasket, plug wires and FINALLY fixing the front end steering issue by moving the right side of the center link to the left side of the truck. Big shout out to @mattbta for helping me find the problem. Now the Denali steers like the Tahoe and not like it is stuck in 4WD.

Also had a man down, filter sensor got knocked off and forgotten about behind the tire.

Attachments

• 20240811_095055.jpg
    20240811_095055.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voncrutch