What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what city are you in, and about how much is your painter charging you. Because here in Northwest Louisiana, most shops don't even wanna touch a full paint job, and the ones that ARE willing to to it, want between 7k and 11k to prep and paint it. I can only afford about 2500-3000 right now, and even if i could afford more, I couldn't see myself paying 7k for a paint job. But I'm not looking for show car quality either, but i would like at least "new car" quality.
Do you have Maaco body and paint shops down there? $1800 for full paint job here in VA for 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Just got it back this week. I’m sure our Tahoe/Yukons would be slightly higher. Would I take a newer vehicle there for that price, probably not, but a 25 year old vehicle, it looks great. I wasn’t expecting show room or car show quality, but I was impressed. I removed roof rack, bumper caps, and door moldings and painted them myself and re-installed. Still deciding on whether to make it OEM like and order the Jeep and Cherokee Emblems. I’m considering taking my Yukon XL to them soon to repaint the roof where the clear coat is peeling bad.
IMG_1576.jpeg

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what city are you in, and about how much is your painter charging you. Because here in Northwest Louisiana, most shops don't even wanna touch a full paint job, and the ones that ARE willing to to it, want between 7k and 11k to prep and paint it. I can only afford about 2500-3000 right now, and even if i could afford more, I couldn't see myself paying 7k for a paint job. But I'm not looking for show car quality either, but i would like at least "new car" quality.
Wow thats crazy. I dont mind at all. Im in South Florida. Fort Lauderdale. I took it to a local guy, hes like a maaco but a little better. Hes been there 35years and does good work. I did the 2K Urethane paint job he offers. Entire tahoe sanded down and prepped and sprayed. I had to pay a little extra for him to take my roof and hood down to the bare metal cause of rust from the salt air and Florida sun. If I didnt have the rust and a few small dents he fixed it would have been a little cheaper. My cost tho out the door with all the extra parts I brought for him to color match was $2600. Came out just how I needed it to. Not gonna win any car shows, and isnt factory perfect, but it is one color again and my rusty roof is fixed. Also have a 3 year warranty on fading. I have all my pics up on the build thread in my sig below towards the end.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thats crazy. I dont mind at all. Im in South Florida. Fort Lauderdale. I took it to a local guy, hes like a maaco but a little better. Hes been there 35years and does good work. I did the 2K Urethane paint job he offers. Entire tahoe sanded down and prepped and sprayed. I had to pay a little extra for him to take my roof and hood down to the bare metal cause of rust from the salt air and Florida sun. If I didnt have the rust and a few small dents he fixed it would have been a little cheaper. My cost tho out the door with all the extra parts I brought for him to color match was $2600. Came out just how I needed it to. Not gonna win any car shows, and isnt factory perfect, but it is one color again and my rusty roof is fixed. Also have a 3 year warranty on fading. I have all my pics up on the build thread in my sig below towards the end.
Man, that's CHEAP these days, especially for a complete repaint, AND taking the hood and roof down to bare metal. I wish I could find a deal like that around here, but I doubt i could find someone like that in this somewhat small town of under 100k people. In a much larger metro area like that, there's MUCH more competition, so shops are more likely to give better prices. I was considering going out to the Dallas/Fort Worth area since I'm only about a 3hr drive east of there, it's a pretty large metro area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess