What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T
What did I miss?
Teenager in Elgin TX this past week was driving through a tornado, tossed his Silverado around, spun it 360 degrees and laid it on its side, truck fell back in its wheels and the kid just kept right on driving. Someone caught the whole thing on camera…. Local chevy dealership gave him a brand new 2022 to replace it. Story is he was on his way to interview at Whataburger. He got the job by the way. I saw it on Facebook someone laid the “Like a rock” commercial music over the video. Pretty great advertising I’m sure.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That teenager has ambition too- he was going to a job interview during a tornado. He got the job, at Whataburger. Afterwards he said he didn’t think little things like what happened to him should get you down. He also said he broke down because he had worked hard to buy it from his dad and now it was gone. So I can imagine what getting a brand new Silverado means to him. Great kid.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting early prep for a road trip coming up in a few weeks.

Checked brakes and fluids. While I had the DS front wheel off I repositioned one of the chrome inserts that I jolted when I hit a curb in a parking lot last week. A car stopped in an aisle at night for no apparent reason and like a dumbass I didn't pay attention when I drove around...whump-whump over a center divider curb. Thankfully the wheels weren't damaged other than moving the insert and rub marks from the tire sidewalls which cleaned off.

Cleaned throttle body and MAF. I unhooked the battery and sensors beforehand. No idle speed issues afterwards. It made a huge difference in the smoothness of the idle, especially cold. I should have done it sooner. And holy helmholtz that intake with all its resonator chambers is ridiculous looking.

20220326_112019.jpg

Also I lowered the spare just to know the process and check to make sure nothing was stuck. I read horror stories about them sticking, and figured I should test it out. Worked fine. Now I shouldn't have a problem if I need to get at the spare on the side of the road, at night, in the rain, because that's when it will happen.

Reaction score
I'm starting early prep for a road trip coming up in a few weeks.

Checked brakes and fluids. While I had the DS front wheel off I repositioned one of the chrome inserts that I jolted when I hit a curb in a parking lot last week. A car stopped in an aisle at night for no apparent reason and like a dumbass I didn't pay attention when I drove around...whump-whump over a center divider curb. Thankfully the wheels weren't damaged other than moving the insert and rub marks from the tire sidewalls which cleaned off.

Cleaned throttle body and MAF. I unhooked the battery and sensors beforehand. No idle speed issues afterwards. It made a huge difference in the smoothness of the idle, especially cold. I should have done it sooner. And holy helmholtz that intake with all its resonator chambers is ridiculous looking.

View attachment 366504

Also I lowered the spare just to know the process and check to make sure nothing was stuck. I read horror stories about them sticking, and figured I should test it out. Worked fine. Now I shouldn't have a problem if I need to get at the spare on the side of the road, at night, in the rain, because that's when it will happen.
Don't forget to check the tire pressure in that spare.

What wheels do you have that have chrome inserts?

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to check the tire pressure in that spare.

What wheels do you have that have chrome inserts?
I check it every so often. It's easy enough to do without removing it. The wheels are from an Escalade Platinum. If you're not familiar with them, they don't have any lip at all. The inserts go all the way to the tire bead. My tire guy has to shrink wrap them before mounting tires to protect them. He hates me, lol.

20210314_170158.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89