What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I check it every so often. It's easy enough to do without removing it. The wheels are from an Escalade Platinum. If you're not familiar with them, they don't have any lip at all. The inserts go all the way to the tire bead. My tire guy has to shrink wrap them before mounting tires to protect them. He hates me, lol.

View attachment 366505
So they're removable? Can't the installer just pop them off, install tire, then pop them back on, or do they not remove easily?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting early prep for a road trip coming up in a few weeks.

Checked brakes and fluids. While I had the DS front wheel off I repositioned one of the chrome inserts that I jolted when I hit a curb in a parking lot last week. A car stopped in an aisle at night for no apparent reason and like a dumbass I didn't pay attention when I drove around...whump-whump over a center divider curb. Thankfully the wheels weren't damaged other than moving the insert and rub marks from the tire sidewalls which cleaned off.

Cleaned throttle body and MAF. I unhooked the battery and sensors beforehand. No idle speed issues afterwards. It made a huge difference in the smoothness of the idle, especially cold. I should have done it sooner. And holy helmholtz that intake with all its resonator chambers is ridiculous looking.

View attachment 366504

Also I lowered the spare just to know the process and check to make sure nothing was stuck. I read horror stories about them sticking, and figured I should test it out. Worked fine. Now I shouldn't have a problem if I need to get at the spare on the side of the road, at night, in the rain, because that's when it will happen.
Purty isn’t it. I swapped the tube on thecopcar for a tidier look. I gained 30 hp, and dropped 3 seconds in the 1/4.

Attachments

• A0A99250-6943-4F8A-A03D-1C69E8C2B106.jpeg
    A0A99250-6943-4F8A-A03D-1C69E8C2B106.jpeg
    810.3 KB · Views: 5
  • D4B11DD9-FF04-415C-A2C1-358B65522B00.jpeg
    D4B11DD9-FF04-415C-A2C1-358B65522B00.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 5

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes I see. Did Gruven ever get back to you? I will also have to instruct anyone who wants to raise the seat height to stand outside.
They offered me some money back to compensate for my troubles. In the end I was happy. The seat still lacks the power to raise my 235 lbs but I need it all the way down and it only would need to go up if my wife drives. She has been instructed to press the memory button, wait for the seat to move and then get in. I think part of it is due to my not getting the large gear on perfectly true.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last weekend, my neighbor broke a fitting on a small hose while replacing the fuel filter on his '20 F250 (Diesel). He had to buy an entire hose assembly to get that one fitting. It has a few standoffs like that and some miscellaneous clips. He was gonna trash it so he happily gave it to me.
The whole F250??? I still think you came out on the loosing end-Its a FORD!

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purty isn’t it. I swapped the tube on thecopcar for a tidier look. I gained 30 hp, and dropped 3 seconds in the 1/4.
i Went with the whole corsa "cai"...definitely let the engine breathe better, through a lean code until i recalibrated the maf.
Sounds great though! Hoping it'll work with the whipple still.
Just getting rid of the stupid factory intake tube with the resonators makes a nice difference!
Im only at 157500...got a way to go still.
Wow, that new intake let's you hit 80mph! Lol
hahahaha, 88mph is where its at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n