What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem is I have to add 1 qt a week. More in the summer running the AC and stressing it.

If it were me I'd swap the valve seals with the heads on the engine using this technique. Looks easy.

Might as well swap in some LS3 or BTR valve springs for your cam upgrade while you're in there.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen some really bad valve guide seals, but enough to use a quart of oil is a lot. I think you'd have killed. the o2s and cats pretty quickly since it's not being burnt in the cyl?

but yeah, seals are definitely doable in the car

Might as well pop out that unmonitored CA-only 3rd cat. while you're checking if it's clogged.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
90 persent of it is leaking out the rear main and pan. The top end on this is so wore out I ain't wasting any time to put seals on it. Just gonna run it until a lifter takes a sh*t and replace the whole motor with a new unit. I got the money for it but now I don't think my mechanic has the time until over the winter. See what happens. I cringe from the lifter noise every time I cold start this thing after it sits overnight and the oil drains down.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well pop out that unmonitored CA-only 3rd cat. while you're checking if it's clogged.
A FRIEND of mine says he liked the quieter sound WITH the 3rd cat, and he doesn't notice anymore power with it removed.

Whatever would clog the 3rd cat, would have first clogged the manifold cats. (unless the manifold cats broke apart)

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A FRIEND of mine says he liked the quieter sound WITH the 3rd cat, and he doesn't notice anymore power with it removed.

Whatever would clog the 3rd cat, would have first clogged the manifold cats. (unless the manifold cats broke apart)

Allegedly there was a 5hp rating loss when they added the 3rd cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YukonTheDog