What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phantom240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aw man... my OBS gets HORRIBLE mileage compared to the sticker.

Also, swapped my cluster with a known good to see if the wonky gauges were a cluster issue, or just GM... it's just GM. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

Phantom240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you have some work to do on figuring out what is wrong.

Meh, a buddy had a cluster laying around. Ten minutes worth of work justifies ruling out the ever common cluster problems GM seems to be plagued with.

Changed the front left turn signals. Both bulbs were older than hell, and everything was so badly corroded that I nearly mangled the entire socket trying to get them out. PB blaster and a wire brush did NOTHING. I cleaned the sockets really well once I got the old ones out, and applied a copious amount of dielectric grease to the new bulbs' bases in an attempt to keep moisture and corrosion down.

This was the less corroded of the two.
IMG_20130418_175221_942_zps68d9a73a.jpg

Phantom240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on the Denali as as we speak. I set out to change the spark plugs and wires, diagnose and replace EGR if necessary, and check the CMP harness before I decide to change the sensor.

So far, I've changed the EGR (Will post pics later or the old one. It was toast), and discovered that the cam position sensor WASN'T EVEN PLUGGED IN.
Facepalmthumb_zps1eb4ddb5.jpg

Gonna go ahead and reassemble the distributor cap and rotor, change out the plugs and wires, and take her for a spin.

Maybe I'll probe the wires for my fuel sender afterward, to determine whether its a simple wiring fault, or a sensor fault.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Started prepping the roof. Last night gpt surface rust off and finishing today and painting tomorrkw. Too wi.dy for today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut