What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you're not god and your word is not gospel.

You just refuse to believe.

At any rate the intended effect of the spacer really only works on tbi' where air AND fuel go thru it. The idea is to atomize the fuel better to get more power out of it by turbulence of the mixture.(HC particles in the exhaust would go down a bit to.). The vortec's plenum kills off the turbulent effect before fuel is sprayed in the runners so it is not really deemed effective.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my fuel filter, topped off my coolant, washed it, and then looked at it for 2 hours.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Bought the fitting for y mc swap. Gonna do I tomorrow after I crush my eclipse

EG@EnglandGreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please dont crush the obs's...
But u the man... Sweet looking swap u got going there... Cant wait to see her wen shes running... Put sum videos up wen ur done... Dough nuts burnouts u know the usual...

Seriously. If it's rust free, ship it north to the rust belt, where parts from it will go for half the price of the whole truck in Texas.
Sorry guys. I paid $3600 for it, put more than $3000 into it (fixing all the usual stuff - fuel pump/sender, door locks, seat electronics, fuel spider, entire steering system, master cylinder, all the brakes, limo tint, new windshield, wheels/tires etc.).

I had it listed on Craigslist Houston for $3000 - no takers. I dropped the price to $2500 - nothing. Dropped to $2000 - nothing. There are hundreds of OBS Tahoes/Yukons in Houston, usually listed around $1500.

Decided to take all the good parts off the 4 door (engine, body panels, interior etc.) and rebuild the 2 door 4x4. Sold the rest of the parts and crushed the remains.

But I do have 2 x 2 door OBSs now that I will keep forever, if that helps. :head3:

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I paid $3600 for it, put more than $3000 into it (fixing all the usual stuff - fuel pump/sender, door locks, seat electronics, fuel spider, entire steering system, master cylinder, all the brakes, limo tint, new windshield, wheels/tires etc.).

I had it listed on Craigslist Houston for $3000 - no takers. I dropped the price to $2500 - nothing. Dropped to $2000 - nothing. There are hundreds of OBS Tahoes/Yukons in Houston, usually listed around $1500.

Decided to take all the good parts off the 4 door (engine, body panels, interior etc.) and rebuild the 2 door 4x4. Sold the rest of the parts and crushed the remains.

But I do have 2 x 2 door OBSs now that I will keep forever, if that helps. :head3:

$2000!!!!!:jawdrop: I could of sold mine for almost $3000 up here and bought yours. Damn I could of had an extra grand in my pocket! :mad3: I don't know why Tahoes are so cheap down there. In Utah expect upwards of three grand especially if it's got a third row(the mormons love those).

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got nbs rims with Goodyear Wranglers. Gonna see how they look tomorrow.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2000!!!!!:jawdrop: I could of sold mine for almost $3000 up here and bought yours. Damn I could of had an extra grand in my pocket! :mad3: I don't know why Tahoes are so cheap down there. In Utah expect upwards of three grand especially if it's got a third row(the mormons love those).

Yes we do, however mine only has two rows.

cent frum a smaert fone

EG@EnglandGreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not know that they command a better price up North; I used to live in CT but I was not into OBS Tahoes back then.

Next time, I'll put it up for sale on this forum, especially in light of all the things that I fixed because you guys already know that these are the normal problem areas with the OBSs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx