What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do to my OBS Tahoe today? It's more of question of what I did "at" it. Which was looked. I looked at it, alright? More specifically, I looked at the gauges display panel and eyeballed the illuminated green driving-lights-on light. You know...the indicator light that gives a subtle suggestion that the headlights are on? Then I scratched my head (in my mind), wondering why in fact my headlights were not on. Included in my ponderings of life, electronics and indicator lights was the consideration that my headlights work quite fine when the knob is turned, normally used to help one get their OBS Tahoe down the road in post-sundown situations.

Am I mistaken as to what that indicator light is trying to tell me?

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

"daytime running lights" is what I'm assuming the dash light to be indicating.

Yes, it's the daytime running light indicator. Mine is on when my truck is not in Park and the headlight switch is turned off.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
no kidding.... mine is developing a leak..... not gonna be fun trying to get to the bottom where it attaches...

Because of the flexalites by any chance?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Yes, it's the daytime running light indicator. Mine is on when my truck is not in Park and the headlight switch is turned off.

And parking brake released.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked my trailblazer wheel install, but something was just too plain. Grabbed a airbag from a 06 trailblazer, and changed out the covers. took all of 5 minutes, and looks a whole lot better!

Before

nbs12.jpg

After

cover2.jpg

Shawn

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Changed out the rear barn lock actuator (delco). Replacement from two years ago(dorman) was grinding on every movement a month or two after install. Also the Autolite XP605 spark plugs are in. I was unable to get the copper cores out until now so with about 15k miles and a complete MSD ignition setup they were being eating alive and some had surpassed .070+ in gap thus far. They will come back out(hopefully) for a day in the next to months for replacement of the exhaust manifolds with the headers which I have had still sitting around for almost a year now. Still wanna get new cats first and then do all that plus the last three O2's I also have sitting around. Tomorrow the oil cooler line I think.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no if i recall it was leaking or atleast all covered in gunk since before i got it.... How would flexalites cause the oil cooler line to leak?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I just happen to have my upper cooler line rubbing against the left fan blades. It has really never stayed away from it but when the new one goes in the path will be fixed and really strapped down and away from the blades before tightening the line nut up top. The way they are routed butts them up against the gear box and line and the Flexalite body and at worst the fan blades. Would like it if the hoses were a bit longer.

Last edited:

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today and yesterday tried to replace a broken drivers side door handle. What a :Angry::wtf2: of a job!

Then I cleaned my EGR and other stuff under the hood looking for issues. Found the primary plug wire shorting out to a metal bracket. I don't have any money right now so I wrapped high quality vinyl electrical tape around it.

Then I pulled the distributor cap and all the contacts were heavily corroded so I cleaned them again because I'm broke:Violin:

Then I swapped out my ignition coil with one I got from the salvage yard because they are only $7 vs. $40+ for a new one. I checked it with an ohm meter and it was 8.57 my origional one was reading 5.34 so I put that back in.

Trying to figure out why my truck idles at 1000 all the time or 900. I cleaned the MAF sensor, EGR and throttle plate, has new air filter too but still idles high.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today and yesterday tried to replace a broken drivers side door handle. What a :Angry::wtf2: of a job!

Then I cleaned my EGR and other stuff under the hood looking for issues. Found the primary plug wire shorting out to a metal bracket. I don't have any money right now so I wrapped high quality vinyl electrical tape around it.

Then I pulled the distributor cap and all the contacts were heavily corroded so I cleaned them again because I'm broke:Violin:

Then I swapped out my ignition coil with one I got from the salvage yard because they are only $7 vs. $40+ for a new one. I checked it with an ohm meter and it was 8.57 my origional one was reading 5.34 so I put that back in.

Trying to figure out why my truck idles at 1000 all the time or 900. I cleaned the MAF sensor, EGR and throttle plate, has new air filter too but still idles high.

Idle Air Control?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx