When The Wife asks for the keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys feel the same way that I do when the wife or girl asks for the keys to the car. I don't really care that much when she needs it to go to the store or for the day. I always tell her the rules right before handing the keys. Watch out for pot holes, stay away from curbs, and park far away from other cars. But man this weekend she asked for the keys so her and some girls can go down to south Virginia. About a 8 hour trip one way. Man I am having a hard time with this. That is just a long trip telling ever thing that she needs to do just incase like go over what she needs if she gets a flat and told her what wrench and sockets to use to get nuts off. But she looks at me with a blank stare. So I just told her to call AAA and point them to the glove compartment. Plus now I have to drive a 2006 Jetta around (Can't wait for us to get the CTS or IS250). But anyway I was just wondering if you guys have the same rules or feeling when the wife takes the keys.

(also just wanted to say no offence to any woman out their) I am just basically ment to say handing the keys to anyone else. but just my wife has had issues of curbing her own car.

Cheers
Brent

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Im in the exact same boat! I just don't like people drivig my Tahoe, and I use the excuse that it has to be driven in a special way due to 26s, a 3/5 drop and stock brakes. The excuse is true, drive it like a stock Tahoe and something will get screwed. These days nobody really asks me to, including my parents who paid for it.:shocked:
So don't feel selfish or anything, its just hard to let some drive all the hard work/money away and treat it like they would "any other car.":Handshake:

mike06train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got no porblem with my wife driving anything we have. This time the Denali we bought is actually hers. They could get in an accident down he street from home just as easy as 8 hours away so anyone needs to know what to do in an emergency. Of course when it comes to my wife, I'm talking about a women who used to ride my GSXR & had her own LT 250 R quad racer. I still have not let her on the Harley though.

JB11

Reaction score
I dont like it when she wants to drive just down to the store much less a road trip.

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine knows not to even bother asking lmao...i know how you feel but fortunately the women in my life (fiancee and mom) dont like rolling my truck...i did have to trade my mom to use her suburban once and i did worry about road rash on the rims..but i figure hey, if they **** my shit up i ll get something new out of it so oh well!!! plus i got pretty good upgrades so my trucks stops good and handles great!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG don't even get me started....I have a painted interior too

Rad Ride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I trust my lady, she a good driver and she knows how careful I am when it comes to our trucks. She knows what's going on.

I got my lady involved with everything I did to our truck. Mine understands.

:whew:

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
She has to do something for me in return.

I'm actually fine with it. It was actually her car when it was new. She takes better care of stuff than I do. However, she does get the occasional idiot moments when she gets a fender bender. She is the type of person who blames stuff on you if you touch something and it breaks soon after. Like, "OMG you mesesed up my computer!" I'm just like, "Really. Just think about that. Do you really think you know even half of what I know about computers?" Wow. How could this post be getting me angry.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. most chics, cant drive, let alone a 2010 yukon denali with 403HP
2. i will only let her drive if im drunk ( or have been drinking) and or we're driving on a road trip on the highway AND she uses the cruise control-- otherwise she'll get me sick with the constant accel decel-- ugh.

AND if for some ridiculous reason she has to drive it to any type of store-- she MUST park the farthest from anywhere,anything, and anybody so as not not have any chance of getting dinged by another vehicle-- plus walking is good exercise.

laugh all you want, but i take religious care of my vehicles and their appearance- and thats why they look great, and maintain their value!

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesnt mater to me if the lady wants to drive. If something happens to it she will fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member