Which looks better -- chrome handles, or black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Found some black door handles on eBay, and just had them installed. I THINK I like the black look better, but I'm just not sure (I've recently removed the Esky rack, and have been enjoying the less-chrome more-streamlined look).

Which do you prefer? (For the record, the truck is REALLY dirty in the black-handles pic, but try not to let that sway you. I'm going to wash the truck as soon as I can, but it's freezing here at the moment.)

/< / /2 /<

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 132

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the chrome because of the chrome mirrors, roof rack, and sides.

CHINO07KON

Reaction score
Id go with chrome as long as you dont do the escalade steps too..Than is a lil much!!!But if your gona put rims on than black...

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the chrome because of the chrome mirrors, roof rack, and sides.

...But the roof rack ISN'T chrome. (And, I may ditch the chrome mirror covers, but one's covering a cracked housing at the moment. :()

Personally, I kind of like just that chrome strip down the side being the only chrome -- but, I'm just not sure yet. It's only been like this a day...

Thanks for the reply.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like the chrome.. it distracts and works with the chrome side molding.. and i personally HATE chrome.. but.. i think its better than the black in this case

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd stick with the chrome handles in this case unless you remove all chrome pieces from it.

On a side note... what happened to the Gen 3 Eagle Eyes that you had?

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit! LOL I think you guys are right. I don't love the look at the moment. I think I prefer the chrome handles, too.

Well, I MAY wait until I can wash the truck before I decide once and for all. Right now the truck looks almost two-tone, with everything under the BSMs looking gray, and everything above black(er?).

Thanks for the input!

I'd stick with the chrome handles in this case unless you remove all chrome pieces from it.

On a side note... what happened to the Gen 3 Eagle Eyes that you had?

Still have the G3s in my garage... Playing around to get the exact look I'm after. It's nice that some of these pieces are so easy to swap out.

Blueflame -- You're right! Would really like to go with 24"s though. ;)

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I like the black. Are the handles textured black or painted black?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968