2008 Yukon Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cwarm3,

Sorry about the email being a bad email address. We are always happy to help. You may private message us right on the forum, email us at [email protected] with ATTN: Jennifer T. in the subject, or you may call Customer Care Center at 1-800-462-8782.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

James R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solid resolution to this issue? I have replaced the battery, replaced the alternator, checked all connections for corrosion, and still the car goes crazy from time to time. Dealer said without a code being thrown no way to tell the issue? It can go weeks without acting up. Very frustrating thinking about just trading it at this point.

It should be recalled it's obviously an issue.

Please Help!

bboyce10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was there ever a solution to this? I'm suddenly having exactly the same problem with my 2009 Tahoe w 88K miles. Thanks!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there bboyce10,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I might not be able to provide you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.. I am new to Yukons and Tahoes.
Had a similar thing happen on a Buick Rendezvous. My car would just stop running, it would crank start and immediately die, then it would only crank... I would go out and remove the fuse/relay panel and mess around and it would magically start working. I replaced the fuel pump, battery, and several other things, I got a code telling me the alternator was not putting out enough voltage...

What I found was (Without going into detai) the Under the hood fuse/relay block panel was not put together correctly at the factory. I ended up taking the top half apart, realigning the wires so they were routed correctly (it looked like a 5 year old put it together) and then I put it all back together. I noticed that one of the contacts appeared burnt between the top and the bottom parts and I cleaned that up. It has not given me a problem since...

I suspect it is similar design, as most cars I have had lately had this time of under hood fuse/relay block there should be several golden hex screws holding the two halves together, and when you remove them you have to pull it all apart. The screws usually stay in the upper half of the block with the fuses and relays. Keep in mind that the fuse block there are several sections of wires & plugs that come into it and they all have a particular place they must be to get it all back together, its pretty obvious when you look at it. Clean up any corrosion or burnt looking connectors and then put it all back together. You can also get the dielectric grease which might help it from corroding any more too...

It might be completely unrelated but that was my problem, it sounds familiar.

Hope it helps

John

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is old.

Any of the people who were having this problem figure it out???????

You guys vanished like in the Bermuda Triangle.

I am having this problem on my 2011 Yukon XL.

Anyone of you guys find a true fix?

All this is so annoying

cwarm3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still have the same problems. Incredibly annoying. Going to try and dump this vehicle at a dealer today and NEVER buy a GM product again. I suggest you do the same they never will figure out what is wrong with these cars. Nor do they care.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well our 08 yuk xl started the no start but has lights and accessories.. I was at work and of course wife was running late to work. I told her to toggle the door locks and the damn thing started.. then about an hour ago on her lunch did it again -no start-- this time lock / unlock didnt work so I told her to use the lock / unlock on key fob and it started.. So she went to autozone and everything checked ok O course...I went and picked it up, put the amp clamp on and the alt is only sending 1-3 amps to the battery.. truck is pulling 35amps alt is outputting 36-38 amps.. everything off it pulls about 19-23 amps.. I unhooked - battery cable on charger, charger started at 8 amps and in about 3 mins said full charge.. I then pulled the + wires off the fuse assembly and cleaned and re tightened them... We have an appt at dealer tomorrow I'll ask them to check the BCM and ECM software and see if they can check the cables...
Frigging pisses me off especially when I'm at work and have to leave for crap like this..