Anyone Interested In A Big 3 Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OBS=old body style. I assume that on this forum it refers to 88-98s. On the fullsize chevy forum it referred to the mid-90s style and OOBS, for old old body style, covered 88-mid 90s. I think the whole thing is pretty silly, because as each new body style comes out, you have to change the terms used for all the older ones.

The Big 3 refers to the 3 main chassis ground straps.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Oops, didn't see that Atomic had already replied...

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any more big 3s for sale?

Only had this one, sorry.

If we can get atleast 5 people who are interested in buying a big 3 kit from me exactly like the one I made for ff40 then id be willing to go buy around 40 feet of 0g wire and a bunch of ring terminals and do them up for you guys.

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to know the price, too. I assume that yours is a piggy back rather than a replacement set, right? And soldered ends?

@Hoondueces, 1) alternator positive to battery positive, 2) battery negative to chassis, and 3) engine ground to chassis. Some people replace the factory wiring; others add additional cables to the factory wiring. Also, I've seen several references to the frame to chassis ground on the driver side, but that's not part of the Big 3.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=73496&PN=1

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/showthread.php?125306-obs-big-3-upgrade.html

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price would be exactly what I charged ff40, $50. Comes with everything you need for a big 3 kit aswel as detailed directions with pictures from my engine. If you guys are really interested in doing this it will make your life so much easier and let's just say I wish I could have bought one...

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, well ff40 hasn't been on since the 27th, for some reason people on here like to disappear for weeks at a time without notice.

So I have a big 3 kit, all made up and ready to ship to the first person interested. It'll be $50 shipped via PayPal and I can send it out the day after you send the money. Shoot me a PM if interested. I've shipped things to a couple people on here before so if you want someone to vouch let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar