Installed McGaughy's 2/3 and have issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just a update on this. Have a older customer called me on this last week and I had a set of 2509 belltech spindles here that I will be putting on his truck this weekend to see if this resolves the problem. He had the dealership do the tsb and it still does it :(

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a update on this. Have a older customer called me on this last week and I had a set of 2509 belltech spindles here that I will be putting on his truck this weekend to see if this resolves the problem. He had the dealership do the tsb and it still does it :(
Thanks for the update (though not the answer I was hoping for). I was going to make an appointment to do the TSB next Wed, might not waste my time...

Evan

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
installed the belltech spindle on saturday he said it didnt do it after and he just called me to say its still not doing it anymore. I told him to drive on it for another 2-3 weeks and if it doesn't do it then charge him.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i will have a set of mcgaughys spindles for sale soon. Customer doesn't want them anymore since the issues are gone now with the belltech spindles.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alot of other makers have issues with the stability control etc kicking in and causing problems once lifted or lowered. on our tundras, most of us have had to do a zero point calibration after going up or the ESP would kick in on the slightest curve.... one option, and not sure how the GM sensor is, that some found was to place washers under the bolt holding the sensor in place to space it up, and angle it back to the angle it was at factory height. its all when changing the rake of the truck- trucks are supposed to sit higher in the back than the front and when people lower or worse (cali lean) and make the back sit lower or exactly even, it causes the sensor to read wrong.....

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
alot of other makers have issues with the stability control etc kicking in and causing problems once lifted or lowered. on our tundras, most of us have had to do a zero point calibration after going up or the ESP would kick in on the slightest curve.... one option, and not sure how the GM sensor is, that some found was to place washers under the bolt holding the sensor in place to space it up, and angle it back to the angle it was at factory height. its all when changing the rake of the truck- trucks are supposed to sit higher in the back than the front and when people lower or worse (cali lean) and make the back sit lower or exactly even, it causes the sensor to read wrong.....

so far i have not had one belltech spindle do this. Im trying to see why the mcgaughys is causing this.

freyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for checking into this! Hopefully you can find a fix. If not, you might be selling some Bel-Tech spindles!!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so far i have not had one belltech spindle do this. Im trying to see why the mcgaughys is causing this.

how exactly are you going about doing that? Just curious as to what it entails?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
take mesurements of sensor location first of all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925