Installed McGaughy's 2/3 and have issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool deal, let us know the outcome. I would be curious as to why this is happening too. I, along with a few other friends, have MCG's spindles on our NNBS SUVs and have not come across this issue at all. But, for the sake of knowing, I'd be interested in knowing what the course of action should be in the event that it does pop up. Thanks Tony!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
so far i have not had one belltech spindle do this. Im trying to see why the mcgaughys is causing this.

It does not happen on all the trucks/suvs with McG spindles. Just certain 07 models for some reason. That being said the issues is coming from something related to the car build not liking altered suspension.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
dealership told him that if flashing the computer didnt work its not the first time that its happened and his is a 09.

also since this post has been put up I have recieved 4 emails from others that have the same issues.

Dam gm making it harder to modify things... glad my new cts-v isnt hard to modify or id go nuts

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Those are dealerships that don't know what they are doing. Flashing the computer is not going to do anything. The parameters have to adjusted to accommodate the drop/lift or wheels/tires.
Also this issue is not only for people with drops. Mine started this when I put on aftermarket wheels/tires (24s). I had cali lean at the time but had had that cali lean with stock 20s before I got the wheels with 0 issues. When I added the McG spindles the issues remained.
But I can say when I had the 2/3 with stock wheels I had no issues also. So to me the issues is caused by the truck being at a certain height.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

BTW my ABS light has never literally turned on. I just get this pulsating feel in the brake pedal on certain turns which feels just like ABS kick in (has to be ABS kick in) but with no light. The stabilitrac does come on though.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
they sell trucks lowered at colma here. They know what they are doing since they have the tsb and had issues when doing "custom trucks" that they lowered and lifted at dealership.

main thing the problem is gone with the belltech spindles and i want to know why.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well the BT spindles would not work in my case because I had the issue before I had a front spindle drop.

JSCALADE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issue with my ABS kicking in while turning and applying the brakes. I have an 08 escalade with BT 3-4 rear lowering kit and some 2" lowering spindle with GM 07 marking on it.(supposed to be BT). I'm curious on what's causing this issue? I have 26 inch wheels on for over 2 years and never had this problem until the vehicle was lowered.(last week)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925