New 2007 Yukon XL Denali Owner looking for a service manual before tracking down oil leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2007 Yukon XL Denali. It has AWD and I believe it's a 1500. It has an oil leak. there is oil all over the bottom and the previous owner said he had replaced the oil pan. I've tried cleaning the block and I'm pretty sure there's a valve cover leak so I'm going to start with both of those and also the oil pressure thing on top by the firewall. (not sure the exact term) this is my first GM vehicle and I'm not really a gm guy but this is the vehicle the wife wanted us to get instead of a minivan so here I am.

I saw this post about getting a manual for it from ebay and was hoping someone could point me to the seller.

Thanks,

-J

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2007 Yukon XL Denali. It has AWD and I believe it's a 1500. It has an oil leak. there is oil all over the bottom and the previous owner said he had replaced the oil pan. I've tried cleaning the block and I'm pretty sure there's a valve cover leak so I'm going to start with both of those and also the oil pressure thing on top by the firewall. (not sure the exact term) this is my first GM vehicle and I'm not really a gm guy but this is the vehicle the wife wanted us to get instead of a minivan so here I am.

I saw this post about getting a manual for it from ebay and was hoping someone could point me to the seller.

Thanks,

-J
It’s not the Gm genuine but this website has been extremely helpful

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

-J
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Send me your email address in a private message, and I'll send you the manual. The manual file size is too large to upload into this thread.

OP
OP
S

sleet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

For some reason I didn't get an email when you guys replied so I'm very sorry for the delay responding back.

I'm pretty familiar with vw diesels (although my participation on the tdiclub forum hasn't been what it once was) with family, and projects I need to get on there more for casual reading rather than conversation like I used to.

Fleat wise I have a few diesel vw's (90's and early 2000's) a '97 Sierra 2500 this 2007 Yuklon XL and a 1984 GMC 7000 with the fuel pincher engine (it was too good of a deal to pass on - yes I know the engine has some design flaws and limits.) My parents had a couple 1982 suburban's with the 6.2 so I know a little bit but honestly haven't needed tackled anything on a more modern domestic vehicle so I'm new but not scared to try.

I have been doing a ton of reading on this yukon since we picked it up. It looks very close to the one in @Doubeleive post (can't tell if that's a signature picture or not) and had come across a ton of posts by @donjetman I believe he has the same car (maybe not the same color) We're planning on fixing the oil leak and taking a couple week trip from UT to FL. I'm hoping to get similar mileage as he has gotten on his TX to CO trips.

I'll try to post a pic after we have some time in it.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

and had come across a ton of posts by @donjetman I believe he has the same car (maybe not the same color) We're planning on fixing the oil leak and taking a couple week trip from UT to FL. I'm hoping to get similar mileage as he has gotten on his TX to CO trips.
My vehicle is a 07 awd Yukon Denali with the non-afm 6.2L L92 w/197k miles. I'm a DIYer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

For some reason I didn't get an email when you guys replied so I'm very sorry for the delay responding back.

I'm pretty familiar with vw diesels (although my participation on the tdiclub forum hasn't been what it once was) with family, and projects I need to get on there more for casual reading rather than conversation like I used to.

Fleat wise I have a few diesel vw's (90's and early 2000's) a '97 Sierra 2500 this 2007 Yuklon XL and a 1984 GMC 7000 with the fuel pincher engine (it was too good of a deal to pass on - yes I know the engine has some design flaws and limits.) My parents had a couple 1982 suburban's with the 6.2 so I know a little bit but honestly haven't needed tackled anything on a more modern domestic vehicle so I'm new but not scared to try.

I have been doing a ton of reading on this yukon since we picked it up. It looks very close to the one in @Doubeleive post (can't tell if that's a signature picture or not) and had come across a ton of posts by @donjetman I believe he has the same car (maybe not the same color) We're planning on fixing the oil leak and taking a couple week trip from UT to FL. I'm hoping to get similar mileage as he has gotten on his TX to CO trips.

I'll try to post a pic after we have some time in it.
Mine is a 2012 yukon xl denali, cosmetically from the exterior look there is no difference from 07-14, denalis have the chrome beehive grill, the 5.3l have the dark grey/black slotted grill and hybrids may have a chrome slotted grill and slightly different facia design for aerodynamics.
interior is where some changes were made in 2010+ such as the door panels and electrical, etc.
some of your crossover parts for the 07 will be limited to 07-09 and others will go 07-14 across the gm suv/pickup line, some pickups were changed in 2014 to towards the k2 line
essentially 2007-2014 tahoe, suburban, yukon, yukon xl, avalanche, escalade, escalade esv, sierra, silverado all basically operate the same with many shared parts, just a different skin.
additionally more parts can be shared from around 2000-2020 just depends on what it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocooter