Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argh.. I cant decide what to retro fit. These lights or the Oem. Suggestions anyone?

Stock oem housing with retrofit for both high beam and low beam using tsx projectors. A total of four projectors backed by 6k HID's. That would look sick and is def what I'd do if I had the "skills".

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
argh.. I cant decide what to retro fit. These lights or the Oem. Suggestions anyone?

I agreer with Felix, in fact that is precisely what I'm going to have done and retro the oems.

Having said that, although I know you work with cars, I don't know how comfortable you are with the specific workings of headlight retrofitting ...so this might be a case of which housings can you stand to sacrifice should something go wrong.

But these retros ain't cheap (especially if you're doing all four), and from what I can tell they take specific knowledge and skills to install ... so a professional install might be the way to go anyway. In which case, if you want to wait a couple of weeks before committing to either housing, you can see exactly what mine look like on oem housings, and that might help you make a decision either way.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Go with the OEM retro.. Sorry just those lights look soo much like a Ricer.. don't mean to offend anyone about that..

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
nah no offense. Its one of those i need to see in person type of deals. My new idea is oem housing, Tint the entire housing black cause with projectors, no need for the reflector housing anymore.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a fyi, not sure if you know this or not, but the oem housings must be cut open since the typical oven bake method won't loosen the adhesive enough to remove the clear lense.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah no offense. Its one of those i need to see in person type of deals. My new idea is oem housing, Tint the entire housing black cause with projectors, no need for the reflector housing anymore.

Going all black would be awesome sumo. I'd be interested to see how that turns out.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Just a fyi, not sure if you know this or not, but the oem housings must be cut open since the typical oven bake method won't loosen the adhesive enough to remove the clear lense.

I am aware. I looking in new lights on ebay so I don't have worry about Rushing and still have it to drive

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the OEM retro.. Sorry just those lights look soo much like a Ricer.. don't mean to offend anyone about that..

Yea the OEM retro is def the better choice. Those halo/projector headlights look good when they come FACTORY on BMW's.. but that's about it.. don't get me wrong the all clear white LED and halo's looks clean but it just doesn't look "Right" on a Tahoe. The stock oem housing is a sick housing it just needs a little work!

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
have you seen the projector i chosen? I still plan doing a halo, just a tad different look to the halo light

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMcrown

Latest posts