What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the engine bay. Fairly dark when I took the after picture, but it's not hard to see that the plastic was actually black at one point rather than brown.

Before
After

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord, much better cleaned. hit the intake tube w/ something and your all shiny again. lol. One thing a friend told me about in the car show world is they use tire shine on that stuff. Like meguairs wet or something like that.

I did the recline seat on the passenger side to complete the fronts. Pointless for me, but cool knowing i can do it. I can pimp from the back seat now. ha ha. J/k

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I proceeded to get rid of those ugly red GMC emblems FRONT and BACK. I used a 3M overlay decal in black.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? (See BEFORE and AFTER Pics).

Attachments

• P1000399.jpg
    P1000399.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P1000400.jpg
    P1000400.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P1000402.jpg
    P1000402.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 21
  • P1000403.jpg
    P1000403.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000404.jpg
    P1000404.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 22

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if you're going to put those chrome Denali 20s on her feets. :)

Think it looks better with the badges on her?

What doe you think about the rear black emblem? Not sure if I am happy with the rear one. I think the front looks great, just not sure about the back.

Thoughts?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my taste is I like de-badged/de-molded trucks when they are completely de-chromed, otherwise it looks odd to my eye.

I love what you did with both the front and back GMC lettering ... I think it will look correct if you do the same with the 'YUKON' lettering on the other side of the liftgate. Then live with it for a couple of weeks and see if you'd rather de-badge it altogether.

I try to do aesthetic mods slowly so as to let things sink in, otherwise I'll overmod everything. :)

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my taste is I like de-badged/de-molded trucks when they are completely de-chromed, otherwise it looks odd to my eye.

I love what you did with both the front and back GMC lettering ... I think it will look correct if you do the same with the 'YUKON' lettering on the other side of the liftgate. Then live with it for a couple of weeks and see if you'd rather de-badge it altogether.

I try to do aesthetic mods slowly so as to let things sink in, otherwise I'll overmod everything. :)

You ALWAYS seem to have the right answers! Thanks soulsea.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think it looks better with the badges on her?

What doe you think about the rear black emblem? Not sure if I am happy with the rear one. I think the front looks great, just not sure about the back.

Thoughts?

I think it would look naked without the badges but that's up to you. Some like em, some don't.:High 5: I like the rear. Maybe you should do the 'yukon' also to match. Jochen, overall, looking better already!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate