What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Changed the oil. It was disgusting. Super dark brown almost black and the filter was some Pro-Tec. God The previous owner was just full of crap when he said he gave it a tune up.

I used 10w-40 due to the really high mileage. It was all that they had in stock at the local Oreillys for a 9.99 deal. I just want to start slow and work it up to Synthetic in a few months.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil. It was disgusting. Super dark brown almost black and the filter was some Pro-Tec. God The previous owner was just full of crap when he said he gave it a tune up.

I used 10w-40 due to the really high mileage. It was all that they had in stock at the local Oreillys for a 9.99 deal. I just want to start slow and work it up to Synthetic in a few months.

Dang man, I would go ahead and check all fluids now.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my LEDs in for the LP lights and the map lights up front. Installed one for comparison. WOW what a difference!
a6cd0872-5428-4398.jpg

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my LEDs in for the LP lights and the map lights up front. Installed one for comparison. WOW what a difference!
a6cd0872-5428-4398.jpg

And, do they still work as bright when all doors are closed and you are just using a maplight all by itself???? Or is it very dim like for most of us?

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, do they still work as bright when all doors are closed and you are just using a maplight all by itself???? Or is it very dim like for most of us?

It WAS dimming. Oddly enough to make it stop, all I did was pull the bulb out slightly instead of pressing it all the way in and it has been working bright both ways. Maybe I just got lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES