What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in the end i don't want to do this again... :jester:
It also doesn't sound fun if I had to drive home in 3rd gear @ 100 miles +
:yaoface2:

I think this covers the main upgrades.
piston upgrade for the 4-5-6 is coming, and the billet piston for the 1-2-3-4 should arrive today.
I wouldn't want to pull that trans again. Mines leaking just enough to make some drips on the case, but not enough to drive on the driveway. I think its leaking between the pump and the case. Its dry inside the bell housing but seems to seep between the bell housing and the case. Thats the only place I can figure its coming from. I need to got to Caseys and get his little camera thing and put it up in there.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Started fixing my seat today.
1648177455381.png
1648177485325.png
Also made $1.47 while I was in there. I figured that would have bought 3 gallons of gas when I was a PFC and 1/3 of a gallon now that I am retired.
1648177570997.png
All in all not a hard job but that is one heavy seat! Easier to get out than the one in my daughters Malibu though, more wiggle room. The JB weld is setting up now. I need to get it back together first thing in the morning to go to the range.

Reaction score
Started fixing my seat today.
View attachment 366410
View attachment 366411
Also made $1.47 while I was in there. I figured that would have bought 3 gallons of gas when I was a PFC and 1/3 of a gallon now that I am retired.
View attachment 366412
All in all not a hard job but that is one heavy seat! Easier to get out than the one in my daughters Malibu though, more wiggle room. The JB weld is setting up now. I need to get it back together first thing in the morning to go to the range.
Did you fix that tear in the top pic? What'd you use?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIY windshield repair using the Permatex kit. Much better.

View attachment 366382
I called yesterday to check my glass coverage. I had a $500 deductible. I asked how much to change it to zero on comprehensive. They said $93.06 to make it $0 deductible on ALL cars on the policy for comprehensive. I said change it. Now how long do I have to wait to file a windshield claim. She said...um, I'd wait at least 3-4 weeks...

Soooo, I'll be getting the windshield replaced in the avalanche soon. Something you may want to look into.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday to check my glass coverage. I had a $500 deductible. I asked how much to change it to zero on comprehensive. They said $93.06 to make it $0 deductible on ALL cars on the policy for comprehensive. I said change it. Now how long do I have to wait to file a windshield claim. She said...um, I'd wait at least 3-4 weeks...

Soooo, I'll be getting the windshield replaced in the avalanche soon. Something you may want to look into.
If you don’t have the rain sensor in it, it only costs about $200 to replace the windshield. I had my 08 Silverado done for less than that.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t have the rain sensor in it, it only costs about $200 to replace the windshield. I had my 08 Silverado done for less than that.
I have the rain sensor.

I also have ACC/Lane keep, HUD, and whatever else on my Denali. My wife's accord has all the lane keep and ACC stuff too. I figure those are probably at least $500 windshields so for $93 every 6 months, I'll be play it safe. That also covers all Comprehensive damage.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the rain sensor.

I also have ACC/Lane keep, HUD, and whatever else on my Denali. My wife's accord has all the lane keep and ACC stuff too. I figure those are probably at least $500 windshields so for $93 every 6 months, I'll be play it safe. That also covers all Comprehensive damage.
Every time I’ve had to have a windshield replaced it has been $50 more than my deductible. Not worth filing a claim. FML.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts