What intake are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am loking to possibly add one to the suburban. If you have a used one hit me up. I currently have a drop in K&N in the stock assembly

I am currently running the K&N FIPK, it's ok, it's also pricey.

What are you guys running and have you been happy with it?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a dropin K&N in the stock airbox with the top of the air box off, swiss cheese mod on the bottom/sides of the air box, silencer box delete, and a 75mm ported TB.

I've read on FSC that the GM tophat reduces the airflow by 4% as compared to the K&N FAIK. So I'm sucking in 4% less air than the Volant/K&N/Spectre kits, etc. I've spent some time gathering parts to replace the stock GM tophat with better flowing ABS piping, but the snow is here, and I'll wait until spring now.

As far as heat soak goes, I'm ok with that too. I monitor my air intake temps, and after 30kph(18mph), the air temp drops to ambient air temps. The heat soak only hurts when taking off from idling and even than it's only 20degrees more.

So far, I'm happy, and I can live with the limits of my system and I'm happy I saved $$$.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got the AEM Brute Force intake on the Hoe. went on with the lift so i have no idea if it helped or not, not really found of it being open around the filter.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking bought doing the k&n also... heard alot of good things about them... yea there pricey. but i like the looks of them!

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant intake VOL-15957. Around $250 and has a closed box for the filter. Hits the hood insulation slightly but a nice unit.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the autozone spectre full intake. Love it. Loved the sound when I put it in. But got the exhaust now so can't really hear it but the wistle at 1500rpm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320