The OFFICIAL 2015 Tahoe unveiling thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is useful:

2015-chevrolet-suburban-06.jpg

Once you start paying attention to the details, interior and exterior, there's an awful lot to like about these SUVs. And GM seems to have noted all our complaints abut HIDs, fold flat seats, crappy nav/dated interior, 2nd row windows not going all the way down. The Denali is actually better equipped than any current Esky.

So mostly wins from my pov on the K2XX, except for the catastrophic tahoe/Burb front end. Someone needs to kill that with fire.

Razorback

Reaction score
Chassis / Suspension & Brakes
Front: independent coil-over-shock; twin-tube shock absorbers
Rear: solid axle with semi-elliptic, variable-rate, two-stage multileaf springs; splayed shock absorbers

... solid rear axle with fold flat seats.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooooooo.... save for the color, the design of the passenger/cargo space is awesome. I will always believe that a Yukon or Hoe is better for clean hauling (not timber, dirt, other obvious dirties) than a short bed pickup if you know how to pack, mostly because theres guaranteed weather protection. That interior only makes the claim better.

The Yukon is growing on me, once de-chromed maybe..

@soulsea - You're right, even including magnetic ride. These have everything and more than the Esky. So... what is the Esky going to have other than being stock Denali and hopefully, hopefully, having a more likeable exterior? Electro-magnetic ride? :p

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood, but the fold flat option was for the Burban and XL only, no?

Those new Denalis looks mighty tasty!!!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood, but the fold flat option was for the Burban and XL only, no?

Those new Denalis looks mighty tasty!!!

All of them have 2nd/3rd row fold flat. Some do not have the power option on the 2nd row.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of them have 2nd/3rd row fold flat. Some do not have the power option on the 2nd row.

I didn't watch any release. But did read this?

The Tahoe/Yukon models get more rear legroom, sorely needed. The long-wheelbase, three-row Chevy Suburban and GMC Yukon XL models get more sensible and useful folding logic for the second and third rows, allowing a flat cargo floor and offering an optional power-fold feature.

That makes it sound like just the bigger models get the folding rows. :think:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The red truck pic I posted above with all the seats folded down is a Tahoe.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The red truck pic I posted above with all the seats folded down is a Tahoe.

The second row looks folded down just like the current model. Thought it was some new technology. Guess they implied that towards the third row more so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3