What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, ive not had to do a damn thing to my hoe for the longest time now, well nothing new any ways. still got window regulators and crap to replace. been in hand for months so far. way to damn hot to give a crap about.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired up and tested my sub out.

2004 Bose Premium converted to Lux. PAC C2A-GM24 harness to give line out from class 2/lux. MB Quart DS1-204 8” shallow. Sound Ordnance M350-1 300w with sub wired parallel for 2 ohms. OEM box for rear from a <2002.

It’s not as boomy as I hoped but is what it is given the size of sub/box. It blends well with the console sub. I’ll probably put one of the MB Quart in there, too, if I ever get bored and wanna pull the seats.

Still gotta finish up routing wires, mounting box, mounting amp, and reinstall all the trim pieces.

Oh, have an OEM touch screen nav unit en route.

IMG_2928.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wired up and tested my sub out.

2004 Bose Premium converted to Lux. PAC C2A-GM24 harness to give line out from class 2/lux. MB Quart DS1-204 8” shallow. Sound Ordnance M350-1 300w with sub wired parallel for 2 ohms. OEM box for rear from a <2002.

It’s not as boomy as I hoped but is what it is given the size of sub/box. It blends well with the console sub. I’ll probably put one of the MB Quart in there, too, if I ever get bored and wanna pull the seats.

Still gotta finish up routing wires, mounting box, mounting amp, and reinstall all the trim pieces.

Oh, have an OEM touch screen nav unit en route.

View attachment 406650
Nice!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the switch part number?
GM: 16821883

Dorman: 924-088

I wasn’t able to locate an OEM part. I did keep the original, for future. Not much to it. Probably could disassemble, and clean all the contacts to get it functioning again. It looked pretty good.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
GM: 16821883

Dorman: 924-088

I wasn’t able to locate an OEM part. I did keep the original, for future. Not much to it. Probably could disassemble, and clean all the contacts to get it functioning again. It looked pretty good.
Thanks, just bought it thru Amazon

Logan5

Reaction score
So here I was patting myself on the back for getting all those exhaust manifold bolts out and putting in the new ones, and today I found that I am leaking from the manifold right at the gasket. All the new bolts went in smooth so I know I am not cross-threaded, and I all the bolts are torqued down properly (18 ft lbs iirc), and I did the multi-pass procedure with the bolts. So I don't know what went wrong. Gasket looks like it's on properly. Not sure if I should just buy a new manifold, or possibly unbolt and reseat this one?

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here I was patting myself on the back for getting all those exhaust manifold bolts out and putting in the new ones, and today I found that I am leaking from the manifold right at the gasket. All the new bolts went in smooth so I know I am not cross-threaded, and I all the bolts are torqued down properly (18 ft lbs iirc), and I did the multi-pass procedure with the bolts. So I don't know what went wrong. Gasket looks like it's on properly. Not sure if I should just buy a new manifold, or possibly unbolt and reseat this one?
I have heard it's a common issue for the stock manifolds to warp at the flanges.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
If you ran the suv for a while with the manifold gasket leaking sometimes the heat warps the manifold

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to use cutoff wheels with a dremel to cut out the vents of the cargo trim for the subwoofer like the 00-02, but that was futile. Punted and ordered a grille on bezos-mart and cut the entire opening out. Was able to press this grille in from behind and use a little insulating foam tape around the edge to hopefully avoid rattles.

IMG_2935.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matts65ss