What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Threw on a coat of glaze, conditioned the seats, and another layer of rain-x. Oh and $40 worth of premium gas.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today but Wednesday took it to a friends shop to spray the engine bay clean from grease and oil build up after changing the valve cover gaskets. Yesterday I was able to make it to a family friends stereo shop to get a new remote after I forgot about my spare keys being on the back bumper, and someone running over them completely destroying the alarm remote. Got home and checked under and I think i may have fixed the leak I had. No more spots on my driveway woohoo.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using my poor Denali as a moving van the last few days. Moving a 1/2 mile down the road this week.

Also opened up the factory air box last week.
Here's some pics of mine.

Cut out most of the bottom of the filter box, added a screen and bent it to fit in place, threw on some black silicone and a bit of black spray paint.
IMAG0289.jpg

Took a look @ the bracket in place. The cuts in the bracket line up with the opening in the airbox, looks kind of haphazard here... I didn't want to cut out more than necessary.

IMAG0294.jpg

Hit it with paint
IMAG0295.jpg

Did it make any difference? Who knows. Maybe someday I'll hit WOT on the freeway and find out.

It cost nothing but a few minutes of my time and materials that I had laying around in the garage. Had fun with my grinder and dremel too.

Looks like the inner fender well liner might scoop air up into this area.

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New headunit- Kenwood eXcelon kdc-x399
Rockford Fosgate P1 10" sub
Rockford Fosgate r150-2 amp bridged to 300 watts

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my exhaust done. A buddy had a borla race muffler and flow-master 10 series muffler he was getting rid of. So with just a little time, the borla replaced the stock muffler, and the flow-master went behind the axle. Kind of like the resonator on the newer trucks. Sounds great. Only drove 2 miles in stop n go traffic, but she sounds great outside and not much increased noise in the cabin. Gotta keep the kids and wife happy. Nice 140 mile round trip cruise tomorrow with the kids and their grandpa to the Goodguy's show in Kissimmee to see how she runs. Video sound clip coming soon.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Color matched new lugnuts last night to match calipers. Got it on hoist today to do a full shine and buff, vacuum and polish....uploadfromtaptalk1430058141119.jpg

Jiggy-J

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Finally got my exhaust done. A buddy had a borla race muffler and flow-master 10 series muffler he was getting rid of. So with just a little time, the borla replaced the stock muffler, and the flow-master went behind the axle. Kind of like the resonator on the newer trucks. Sounds great. Only drove 2 miles in stop n go traffic, but she sounds great outside and not much increased noise in the cabin. Gotta keep the kids and wife happy. Nice 140 mile round trip cruise tomorrow with the kids and their grandpa to the Goodguy's show in Kissimmee to see how she runs. Video sound clip coming soon.
I'm interested in this. Keep us informed and can't wait for the sound clips

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely different @Yuko04 I like it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925