What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of removing the Cadillac Escalade clip and interior as I am going for a completely different direction for the Blazer. I am also removing the belltech lowering kit in favor of a small lift. As said, there are some big changes coming for my truck!

Huh. And this is weird for me to say this, as I normally don't care for lowered rides, but yours is/was the best looking lowered Blazer I've ever seen.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Nice

I just found a clay bar with my cleaning supplies, hah. Never used one before, seems pretty straight forward. Thats what I figured about the peeling clear, not cool.

Tucked away?
Any shots of the interior work. I need some ideas, hah. Mine is a mess and one of my back panels has a big crack in it.

Use either water or some soap with the clay bar for lubrication, not alot of soap but just dunk it in soapy water i guess.
Tucked away yes, in storage lol (at the shop)
No pictures of the interior yet, but ill be starting over, before i was doing gray, orange and then black suede but it was too much for me. something more simple this time.. ( i own an upholstery shop) so ill jsut sew something up and be done with it lol

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Yukon back today after getting my transmission completely rebuilt for $1700. Got my Moog sway bar link to replace mine that was completely missing, and also a new evo sensor. Switched back to my stockers with AT's, hooked up my Satellite radio and finally got my TYF decal on.

Attachments

• image-953760809.jpg
    image-953760809.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image-717863609.jpg
    image-717863609.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image-1134566826.jpg
    image-1134566826.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image-4110652276.jpg
    image-4110652276.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 21

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Yukon back today after getting my transmission completely rebuilt for $1700. Got my Moog sway bar link to replace mine that was completely missing, and also a new evo sensor. Switched back to my stockers with AT's, hooked up my Satellite radio and finally got my TYF decal on.

What parts were used in the tranny rebuild?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use either water or some soap with the clay bar for lubrication, not alot of soap but just dunk it in soapy water i guess.
Tucked away yes, in storage lol (at the shop)
No pictures of the interior yet, but ill be starting over, before i was doing gray, orange and then black suede but it was too much for me. something more simple this time.. ( i own an upholstery shop) so ill jsut sew something up and be done with it lol

Cool, thanks for the advise. I may tackle it this weekend.
Nice man, starting young.
Damn, sounds pretty involved using all of those materials.
I hear that, I'm looking for something simple to do to. Though anything I do will be tough, hah, never did it before.

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok finally got around to installing 12v plugs in the console. I ended up putting them in the tray/compartment..I ran a wire from the post where my second battery is on the fuse panel under the hood and while I was at it i used bigger wire from the battery to the fuse box. I am happy with it! also started my big3 wire setup. got 2 of the wires done and have to go get 2 more copper lugs tomorrow to finish the 3rd wire cant wait to see if it helps with the power, not that I am having any real problem now that I installed the ad244 alt but im sure it wont hurt!.

you can see the bigger main feed wire and on the post on left is the 2nd batt wire and wire for the 12v /charger plugs
picture.php

excuse the messy cup holder and platic shavings from hole cutting. picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

huge difference from stock wire!
picture.jpg

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got mine back from the shop today new rad, water pump , fan clutch

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the advise. I may tackle it this weekend.
Nice man, starting young.
Damn, sounds pretty involved using all of those materials.
I hear that, I'm looking for something simple to do to. Though anything I do will be tough, hah, never did it before.

Grab some NNBS or even NBS seats and just do an easy swap like that. Or i can get you a sew of Katzkins to recover your stock seats..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mako671