What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noJeepshere said:
What parts were used in the tranny rebuild?

Instead of trying to type all this out on my iPhone I just took a pic.

Attachments

• image-4188665425.jpg
    image-4188665425.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 26

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy sprag and sunshell markup Batman!!

I ordered about $1500 worth of trans parts myself, pulling it out tomorrow, tear down Sunday maybe then wait for new parts. \m/

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
retorq said:
Holy sprag and sunshell markup Batman!!

I ordered about $1500 worth of trans parts myself, pulling it out tomorrow, tear down Sunday maybe then wait for new parts. \m/

Well they wanted $2300 and I talked them into giving me a better price so the gave me discount. I can't rebuild a trans so it had to get done at a shop.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I don't know about a discount, you appear to be missing some solenoids in that list. there is also more then 4 bushings used in the tranny. and finally that tc cost seems awfully high. and that looks like some very cheap tranny fluid considering it takes 11 quart on a a tear down.

Last edited:

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Placed her up forsale :( This time I'm walking away for sure.... She has been a great truck and will make someone's dreams come true

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave it a well needed bath...

Finally went and washed the 99 Yuk, 1st time since it got an engine rebuild....its hot as hell in Denver today so I went on and washed it...

Attachments

• 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 18

stereodesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Balanced and rotated my wheels
Replaced dist cap and rotor
Noticed my oil filter adapter is leaking a ton :banghead:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they wanted $2300 and I talked them into giving me a better price so the gave me discount. I can't rebuild a trans so it had to get done at a shop.

For that price, you could've had a reputable company build you a fully built tranny.

Placed her up forsale :( This time I'm walking away for sure.... She has been a great truck and will make someone's dreams come true

Huh? I thought you were going to do some changes? What happened?

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
992dr said:
For that price, you could've had a reputable company build you a fully built tranny.

Huh? I thought you were going to do some changes? What happened?

The last time a had tranny rebuilt it was around $1500 and that was 4-5 years ago, so i'm not too upset about the price. The place that rebuilt mine is a really good place in cincy and my father in law knows the owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mako671